aM I CRAZY

wzrd

aS I was going to evergreen subaru the other day I happened to look across the street and saw a beautifull truck.A 2005 solar yellow Dodge ram 1500 slt "rumble bee" ed..Yah,its got a hemi.....Up until a couple years ago we owned a daytona version of the basicly same truck...I loved that truck and kick myself in the butt for selling it a while back..

Now out of shear luck I stumble apon another of the rarer ram's and find myself tempted into buying her at the risk of loseing the REX....Over the weekend Im trying to talk the wife into tradeing in her jeep as she was the reason for the aformentioned lose of daytona . Im not taking out a loan....So...someone qUICKLY talk some sense into me or offer me a fair price on my car before I potentialy trade with the devil on halloween AND END UP REXLESS

Gate4jg

All I can say is do what ever you think is right but think if your going to be kicking yourself for getting rid of the subaru when you have the truck. In my mind you can always find a truck, a treated well WRX is hard to find. If that doesn't work you know the moment if you trade in the WRX some teenager is going to buy it and molest it and wrap it around a tree. Can you send your sweet car like that to its demise so quickly?

If your willing to make a payment plan I will buy it. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

EddieHunt05

Learn from my mistake haha.. Sold my old wrx and bought a 04 GMC Duramax.. Duramax diesel being my dream truck.. And a year and a half later look where I am back in a Subaru WRX cost me alittle money to do this experiment but I am happy to be back in one having a truck was nice but the extra 50 bucks a week for fuel and 500 bucks extra to insure it for the year was just not worth it to me.. Unless you absolutly need a truck I'd keep the rex and have a trailer to tow behind the jeep. Plus its a dodge WTH are you thinking haha
default_wacko.png

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
If you buy the dodge.... Also buy stock in oil company (and fiat hehe)

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
You have the best year of the WRX, and it's in nice condition! Don't sell it!

wzrd

got the wife to "maybe" trade her jeep towards the truck...So far the WRX has survived another round of cuts.

We will see what the great pumpkin has in store tomorrow nite..

LATER GANG Paul

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
With the cost of gas I am sure your REX gets much better mpg than either a jeep or truck. Assuming your REX is paid off you don`t have to worry about making payments if the economy gets any worse.

wzrd

With the cost of gas I am sure your REX gets much better mpg than either a jeep or truck. Assuming your REX is paid off you don`t have to worry about making payments if the economy gets any worse.
Funny or not you will be surprized to know that both my 06 hemi and 06 rex got about the same mileage 17mpg on average..I gots a pretty heavy foot..And yah,my rigs are payed off thank god.

ps...Didnt come to terms on the BEE ..But im looking

Last edited by a moderator:

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Funny or not you will be surprized to know that both my 06 hemi and 06 rex got about the same mileage 17mpg on average..I gots a pretty heavy foot..And yah,my rigs are payed off thank god.

ps...Didnt come to terms on the BEE ..But im looking

Paul I thinks you need a tune. There is no way your REX should be getting 17 mpg unless you shifting at 6K
default_additional_jawdrop.gif

KLRSMRF

I had a 2005 Ram 1500 with the Hemi and 20's, etc.. and it started rusting within two years :-( ,and ate fuel at the tune of 12.8-.9 MPG. Don't do it.

Iboc_C64

I had a 2005 Ram 1500 with the Hemi and 20's, etc.. and it started rusting within two years :-( ,and ate fuel at the tune of 12.8-.9 MPG. Don't do it.
We bought a 96 Ram 2500 with 143,000 miles. We wire brushed and painted the underside with Miracle Paint. We have never had any rust problems on it since then, still looks as good as the day we painted it. If you use miracle paint though, remember, its only good as an undercoat or a primer because its vulnerable to UV rays.

Also WZRD, 17mpg is crazy unless your further along than stage 2 and drive around in low gear with your pedal to the floor. I average 23.6 in my 2009 WRX at stage 1.

wzrd

Guess I will have to track my mileage a bit closer.I dont get out on to the highway much,mostly quick blasts around town.heavly into the gas..

As for the truck..We are proud new owners of a 05 silver Daytona ram.1 OF/625 made.tonneau cover,running boards with chrome aftermarket wheels..Got her registered yesterday,take her out for a good ride today..

Best part is --we still have my WRX...Later gang

wzrd

even tho I respect the slogan"there is no replacment for dis-placment"and cant live without my 2 dodge trucks with the 360 and 345 ci engines,......I LOVE my subaru....ooww..that's love..yah yah yah...crazy

Latest posts

Back