Amazon says NO I think YES

Subarulover7

I'm looking to give my rex a wider stance this spring with new wheels. I'm dead set on a set of MSR 45 18" with a bolt pattern of 5x100 & 5x4.5. Amazon says they won't fit my car, but I'm already running a set of 18" Impreza 6 spoke wheels with 205/50ZR17s in the summer, the tires are 8.5" wide and I've had no problems . The MSRs rim width is 8", I think the Impreza rims are the same width, so the only reason I see these MSRs not working is the +35mm offset. But even then I should be able to clear with the front STi fenders I run. I will also being getting new rubber with these so any suggestions? Any input and advice is appreciated! Check out the link below to see all details of the wheels. 

Link to wheels ----> http://www.amazon.com/MSR-Black-Offset-Partnumber-4529837/dp/B007MH3B1O/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0N27DJAWRS1YWQ0MCRA6

Pictures of summer wheels and tires I currently run below

IMG_2890.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

SUBARUDE

Is your car a sedan or wagon if wagon you would definitely have a issue unless you roll the quarters cause the wheels you are running now are a 55mm offset and amazon will only say in fits if they are absolutely positive with out a doubt they will fit that's why they say no cause you need modifications to use them

Subarulover7

Is your car a sedan or wagon if wagon you would definitely have a issue unless you roll the quarters cause the wheels you are running now are a 55mm offset and amazon will only say in fits if they are absolutely positive with out a doubt they will fit that's why they say no cause you need modifications to use them
I have a 2004 WRX Sedan with STi front fenders.

SUBARUDE

Ok are you running any susp. Mods and tread width and rim width are two diff. Things the rims you have now are probably a 7" wide maybe at most a 7.5"

And you will have more trouble with the rear wheel fitment then you will with the fronts

Subarulover7

25mm is one inch right? So going from 55mm offset to 35mm offset won't even make a complete inch of difference? Only 20mm difference.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
When you push the rims out further, you change the travel path of the suspension. Even though it may look like it will fit with the car stationary, it doesn't mean that it won't rub when going over bumps.

Subarulover7

When you push the rims out further, you change the travel path of the suspension. Even though it may look like it will fit with the car stationary, it doesn't mean that it won't rub when going over bumps.
True but in theory with my fenders do you think I'll clear? I'm probably gonna roll my rears because I just got 1" wheel spacers to run with my stock wheels and winter tires. The tires I run right now with Impreza 6 spoke wheels are 8.5" from outside wall to outside wall. 

Visonik

If you have 205/50/R17, your current rims are not 18's. The R17 means they are 17" rims.. The current width you have is 205, I'm putting 245's on my car once the weather is good enough. Mike rolled the rear fenders so they would fit. My rims are 17x8 +45.

Last edited by a moderator:

Visonik

I knew those weren't 18's! I'm just trying to help haha. Get yourself some 17x8's with a +45 offset, roll the fenders, and get some 245/40/17 tires. That's the set up I'm going with. Nice foot print, good grip, looks nice.

Subarulover7

I knew those weren't 18's! I'm just trying to help haha. Get yourself some 17x8's with a +45 offset, roll the fenders, and get some 245/40/17 tires. That's the set up I'm going with. Nice foot print, good grip, looks nice.
Yeah can't remember who told me rims measure 1/2" bigger, but actually its 1 and 1/2 bigger, because I just measured my stock 16s and they measured 17.5"

Latest posts

Back