Another point in favor of N/A

injulen

Filled up my fuel tank this morning; 21 MPG. That is after plenty of WOT, drifting, donuts, and idling.

+1 to N/A EJ22
default_smile.png

Oh, and I'm happy to find that my studded tires don't hamper my ability to get sideways barely at all
default_smile.png

SUBARUDE

You guys are getting horrible mpg for n/a cars I get 23-24mpg in a turbo FOZ in the winter and upwards of 27-28mpg in the summer and sometime when I am not playing around I can get 29+ LOL

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
You guys are getting horrible mpg for n/a cars I get 23-24mpg in a turbo FOZ in the winter and upwards of 27-28mpg in the summer and sometime when I am not playing around I can get 29+ LOL
Same thing I was thinking, I get 28-30 with my 22, you guys are doing it wrong.

Matt

you're doing it wrong....when the drift team goes out i averaged 4 miles per gallon in the na rs......more loud pedal

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
138k 2.2, I drive it hard occasionally, even slide it at times. I just bought it and have been getting around 28mpg the last few fillups. That's every kind of driving-highway at 65mph, highway at 75-80mph, creeping through town, slamming it through some back roads, etc. How old are your plugs/wires, fuel filter, air filter, fuel pump, 02 sensors, etc?

you're doing it wrong....when the drift team goes out i averaged 4 miles per gallon in the na rs......more loud pedal
hows that motor loving you mr. otis?

I drive my 1.8 pretty hard at times and during the summer never get less then 30 mpg. Winter its down to 28 due to the snow tires. It should do better but remember, its towing along a decent amount of weight compared to some of the other 1.8L cars. Also running it at over 2500 rpm for long stretches doesn't help either.

Matt

138k 2.2, I drive it hard occasionally, even slide it at times. I just bought it and have been getting around 28mpg the last few fillups. That's every kind of driving-highway at 65mph, highway at 75-80mph, creeping through town, slamming it through some back roads, etc. How old are your plugs/wires, fuel filter, air filter, fuel pump, 02 sensors, etc?

180k and still kicking....if shes going to go im going to make sure it goes in spectacular fashion.

injulen

I changed my plugs less than 10k miles ago, didn't bother doing my wires. Fuel filter was done at the same time. Air filter gets changed often. Fuel pump is the same one that came with the car when I bought it at 169,000. 02 sensors are same ones from when I bought it too.

I probably drive spirited more often than not
default_tongue.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
THe EJ22 is great for mileage.  But if you actually want to get across town in the same day, the terboz are much better.

Latest posts

Back