Any Landscape/Hardscape designers in here?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I am looking to do some landscaping work in the backyard and need a good design. 

This will incorporate a patio, elevation change, and an outdoor wood fired oven.  If any budding amateur masons want in, it should be a fun weekend project.

If I can pull it all off, we could do a garage day / pizza meet.

*Edited to better reflect what I am looking for

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I can do the work, I just need a design.

well I am too cheap to pay for the work.

My father is a mason by trade. If you can use google, you can find a design. But if you really want something specific for a wood oven then having a mason build it is really your best option. A very skilled mason will be able to solve all the problems along the way and make it work the way it needs to. It's kind of like putting your own cage in a car, why do it if someone can do it 10x as easy and right the first time.

boxerboost

Have you considered maybe fiddling around with Sketchup (free and easy) to try out different ideas and pick what suits you best?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
My father is a mason by trade. If you can use google, you can find a design. But if you really want something specific for a wood oven then having a mason build it is really your best option. A very skilled mason will be able to solve all the problems along the way and make it work the way it needs to. It's kind of like putting your own cage in a car, why do it if someone can do it 10x as easy and right the first time.
The construction of the stove is not a problem.  What I am really looking for is  a good layout for a patio that incorporates the stove, a fireplace and a spot for my grill that works with our landscape.  We have a bit of elevation change in the backyard, and we have some protruding ledge that must be worked around.  This will also have an effect on the new deck that is put on the house as that is being replaced this year as well.

Have you considered maybe fiddling around with Sketchup (free and easy) to try out different ideas and pick what suits you best?
I sit at CAD workstation all day, I can take care of that part.  I am looking for the artsy-design side, as I need ideas on how to lay everything out.  I am not a landscape/hardscape designer.

Latest posts

Back