Anybody know any dependable mechanics in the Bangor area?

spartan5

Okay,sick of nickel and diming myself to death with half ass "mechanics",does anybody know of a trust worthy,dependable mechanic in the central maine/ Bangor area that knows their ass from their elbow when it comes to Subies?I'm really at wits end and need to find someone that I can trust to do work properly and not put the screws to me at the same time.

spartan5

that only works IF the car's drivable that distance....I know that all the decent wrench turners are in Augusta or south,but when I work and live near Bangor,I kind of need someone local to my area

USMC06STI

what problems are you having with your car? What type of "mechanic" do you need? someone to replace parts or someone to diagnose a problem??? I might be ablr to help

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
I'm a mechanic in bangor area. Problem is I work at non subie dealership. But I own subies and so does my whole family. I tore my sisters baha engine out did clutch,headgaskets, oilpan, rearmain, etc in my two car garage at home. No lift no hoist no aircompressor. I a can do some work or "help". I won't accept a job I don't think I can do, considering my equipment. Otherwise there's nothing I won't do when I have time.

Last edited by a moderator:

spartan5

I'm lining myself up for my eg33 swap,I'm compiling the parts I need at this point,but I'm looking for someone with some know how willing to tackle the project.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
I've not done a swap in a subie but have in vw's. Not sure if I have the time or eqiupment yet for that. I would like to swap a turbo into my outback but no $ or time yet. Maybe by time u have all the stuff together we can talk. Let me know.

spartan5

ohhh come on now:p.....I'm actually gonna leave the RS alone and use the eg33 in my old obs,since it is actually just being used as aparts wearhouse right now.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
If you're ever looking to get rid of that eg33 I know a car that wouldn't mind having it...
default_tongue.png

spartan5

yeah,I go back and forth on whether or not I wanna deal with the headache that is an eg33 install,especially considering the ej25 in my RS spun a bearing and now I'm on the hunt for a block for it,and I'm still a stage one clutch and flywheel away from being ready to do the eg33 swap,I've definitely considered unloading it.....BUT I've yet to find an eg33 in the shape mines in with the mileage mine has (64000 miles) so I'm more than likely gonna hold onto it. Will let you know if I ever change my mind tho

Latest posts

Back