anyone good at body work... I need some ideas... I cant get area smooth.

patsti

NitrousFed
ok so i am working on the integra. here is a pic of what it looked like behind the door is the problem.

dsc00020vz2.jpg

anyways i cant get the top layer to come out smooth.

I did metal patches (the wire kind and sheet metal w/ rivits) , fiberglass, then bondo, then bondo and paint... sanding and stuff down to 1500 grit (looked like this). Its kinda rough what can i do. today i did a layer of glazing cream to see if that would smooth it out ( i resanded with electric sander and now iam going to sand again and then reglaze then sand and paint) will this fix it????

f_DSC00036m_ffad7b0.jpg

f_DSC00037m_dbf3984.jpg

f_DSC00035m_0df4f65.jpg

I dont want to get a new 1/4 panel because that would mean welding which i dont do.

ditch_bound

What did you use as far as sanding? I mean did you sand it with sand paper in your hand? Its hard to put consistant pressure on the surface with doing it by hand. Using a block as long as possible will help you get the waves out of it. I havnt done much but Ive seen a lot done.

Tyler

What the hell man, you're supposed to turbo it and shit BEFORE you sell it ... durrrr

What are you gunna look to get next?

patsti

NitrousFed
What the hell man, you're supposed to turbo it and shit BEFORE you sell it ... durrrr

What are you gunna look to get next?
prob nothing... maybe a $500 beater. but i want to get some rims for my car and stuff

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
I'd use one of those rubber sanding blocks, start with 120 grit, then 320, 400 and 600. 600 grit should get it plenty smooth so it won't show sand scratches. It looks like either the filler is too thick or the wire mesh isn't sitting in the hole far enough. You may have to re-do the patch, but I'd sand the heck out of it first.

patsti

NitrousFed
I used a lil too much hardner on the bondo and it is hard to sand smooth. I redid it with glazing cream on top but that stuff sucks it justs falls off when sanding (my garage is cold) Iam going to do one more coat tomorrow and then call it good (it looks ok... just ok).

Bu11dogg2

Bondo doesn't cure well in the cold.

Use an 80 grit to remove the paint and a 400 grit to straighten it out.

Not sure where you are located, but i'd be more then happy to touch it up for you if you are in Southern ME

patsti

NitrousFed
thanks Iam in cumberland... I am going to give it one more try today and if it doesn't comeout right I dont know what Iam going to do...

Latest posts

Back