anyone handy with the Carbs?

soposube

When you asked was anyone handy with carbs, I was thinking you ment like bread and chips. :
default_redface.gif

ReZPunK

lol i realized what i posted not long after i posted it.

i am looking forsomeone that might be able to help me understand the basic principles behind carburetors and possibly be interested in helping me tune them up.

i say them because the LeMans i just bought is running two weber carbs...not sure the model yet...will find out in the morning.

the car idles a bit hard and it might just need a good tuning...

C

chris

find out the model number, year, ect. Napa might have a rebuild kit, and sometimes the rebuild kits come with directions about setting the floats, jets, ect.

Webbers are different, might consider calling the parts stores and book stores to see if any of them have Haynes manuals or Webber books. Carbs last forever unless they've gotten corroded. Even the jets can be re used/cleaned/reset. Its the lil gaskets for the bowls and horns that fall apart because of time.

Sometimes carbs like a good cleaning.

"Give 'er some, she'll come out of it!"

Anyways. I aint that good at carbs. I've fixed a couple snowmobile Mikunis, Briggs singles, one FIesta mess, and rebuilt one Rochester 2 barrel. A manual or book is the key because I'll just f-it up worse without one.

I had 2 Webbers on the Porsche 914, what a crazy deal that was. It took me 3 weeks just to get one connecting link. I could have build one myself in half the time, but hey, it just sounds so cool to say "dual Webbers"
default_redface.gif

Latest posts

Back