Anyone running aggressive wheels?

Srimps

Anyone running an aggressive offset wheel? Im thinking of going with some 18 x 9 rota g-force at some point, but im not sure yet. Anyone know a good place to get fenders rolled?

Rightseat

why would you do that? are you a better suspension engineer than the lads at subaru?

google the term "roll center oversteer" and then decide if you really want to mess up an otherwise good-handling suby. :whip2:

ok so maybe (just maybe) you gain a couple hundreths at your local autocross, but otherwise the car darts all over the road and eats wheel bearings for breakfast lunch n din-din. god help you trying to go fast on a rough road with stupid plus offset wheels that make your nice suby look (and handle) like your lil brother's favorite HotWheels car.

just because you can do something, doesn't mean you actually gain by doing so.

put big plus offset wheels on an old GMC pickup, not a Subaru.

"Nigel, whyn't you tell us what you REALLY think about srimp's idea.....?" :puke:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
There are quite a few that run 18's. but in NE I would not recomend going over 17. especially if you are looking for wide wheels.

now do you have a wagon or a sedan? Fender rolling is going to be required on the sedan and for the wagon you are going to have to pull them a good amount.

Srimps

I have a sedan. I've ran 18x9s before on other cars so im not worried about the harsher ride with the smaller tire. For an everyday wheel I dont see anything wrong with the lower offset wheels. I know I'll have to fender roll but I didnt know if anyone on here does it or knows a shop that will do it in the southern Maine general area.

Latest posts

Back