Anyone wanna make some $? Need axleback exhaust installed

Mayfire91

I'm pretty new to mechanics so I'm not going to risk putting this on myself (even if instructions say it's easy). Anyways I have a nameless performance muffler delete axle-back exhaust installed on my 2013 WRX. I heard it only takes 20 minutes so I'm gonna get quotes on install prices by the dealership and by meineke but if they're unreasonably high (we know how dealerships can be) I may just pay a private party to do it, assuming they have installed their own exhausts.

So with that, anyone in York County interested in this job? I live in Kennebunk and am willing to travel but not too far.

Jamey

It's easy mang no way to screw it up. Unbolt yours bolt on new one its that easy if I had garage I'd do it for nothing but unfortunatly I don't

i-wagon

If you were closer to Oxford I'd do it, I build my own exhaust, but seriously it's pretty hard to screw up, just go for it

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
the hardest thing will be getting the exhaust hangars off. to do that, just use some silicone spray from napa. spray the inside of the hangars, unbolt the exhaust, and pull the muffler off.

It really isn't that difficult. If you want to start being able to work on your car, this would be a great place to start

Mayfire91

Yeah I know the whole simple bolt on, bolt off process but the hangers are my concern as I've read reviews saying that there needs to be some adjustments cause they sit too close too the body which can cause damage from the heat

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Yeah I know the whole simple bolt on, bolt off process but the hangers are my concern as I've read reviews saying that there needs to be some adjustments cause they sit too close too the body which can cause damage from the heat
if you're running a stock tune, then you don't need to worry about excessive heat from the tailpipes. From what I understand, the nameless exhausts are just like original ones, just without a muffler. You shouldn't have any problems. But like i said, use some silicone spray and the hangars will come right off

Mayfire91

if you're running a stock tune, then you don't need to worry about excessive heat from the tailpipes. From what I understand, the nameless exhausts are just like original ones, just without a muffler. You shouldn't have any problems. But like i said, use some silicone spray and the hangars will come right off
Apparently my message didn't send. I said I could probably try and do it myself but as I'm new and it's my DD I'd want to have someone there to make sure I don't mess stuff up haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Apparently my message didn't send. I said I could probably try and do it myself but as I'm new and it's my DD I'd want to have someone there to make sure I don't mess stuff up haha.
Sorry, just trying to boost you're confidence and encourage you that you can do it
default_smile.png

Matt

Dude, i will do it in the parking lot of the dealership with my suit on. Takes 20 minutes. Bring me some wd40, a new gasket, blanket and ratchet set haha. And Fritos. Dont you dare pay anyone.
i will pay to see this.....tool box is open!!

scubiecraig

Yeah man, you can tackle this yourself.  No worries!  I'm in Alfred though, if you do need some moral support!  I did my own axleback as well.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
The hangers aren't bad. Granted I haven't worked on a 3rd gen, but I imagine they're the same.

You shove a screw driver in them for leverage and just pry and twist until they pop off. Once you get one off, the exhaust has more room to wiggle around so you can get the others off easier. I have hardened exhaust mounts on the RS, now THOSE are a challenge.

Latest posts

Back