Apartment parking... Am I wrong?!

mikebike357

So we have off-street parking at our apartment in Portland. There's a little "lot" (if you wanna call it a lot) in the back where we comfortably fit our two cars, then 2nd floor tennants 2 cars, and the 3rd floor's 1 car. The other dude who lives on Floor 3 parks on the street.

So... all of a sudden this "foreign" vehicle shows up in the parking area and upsets the balance of the Force in the parking area. Turns out, it's a guest of the 3rd floor.

Now wouldn't you say that it would be common courtesy to park your GUEST vehicle on the street?! And, the dude parks randomly, in spots where others have parked for months, thus further upsetting the balance!! He actually did park on the street on Friday nite but as soon as 3 of the cars were gone from the "lot" he ran out and moved it to the back! WTF?!

Maybe i'm just too picky about it, but it's only a matter of time before someone's car gets crunched.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
common sense says he should park on the street not in the lot unless his host chooses to park in the street so guest can have his space. but then common sense is lacking in 99% of people these days.

stainless

I agree about the Valve core tool.

Or leave a note. Or just go up to em and talk to em.

I have a piant ball gun you can barrow.

And i live in portland.

I had similar problem when i live on Hangover street in portland.

My down stair neighbors friends would BLOCK the driveway.

I eventualy told them after many times of having to know on thier door to get them to move the car that i would call the cops next time they did it and if the cops would not towe it i would PAY a company to tow it.

Hopefully you will not have to do this.

Talk to your other neighbors about it .

mikebike357

Supposedly the dude is only going to be here for 2 weeks. We'll see. I think the 3rd floor apartment here is some kind of visitors center for gays to portland.

stainless

Ask your land lord.

Did he tell the guy he had 2 spaces?

My guess s NO....

I lived in a place were there were 2 spaces and 3 units.

and the top floor unit got BOTH spaces.

it might even be in the lease.

check in to it.

Runnah

I think the 3rd floor apartment here is some kind of visitors center for gays to portland.
Well if everyone is wicked happy up there you should go hang out!
default_smile.png

C

chris

Yah, talk to the other people in the building then talk to the "guest." SOme people are No0bs when it comes to city parking, tell him how it is.

Whenever i go to my sisters apartment I park in the street.

Better get it squarded away before the parking bans start. If you'd like I can block him in with my truck indefinately.
default_smile.png
But you have to give me a ride to work, and make sure my truck doesn't get towed, and start it once a day so the battery stays fresh, and wax it, and put stickers over any new scratches.

Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy. Snooooooooooooowwww!.

mikebike357

I donno how many spots each apartment has. I just know that when we signed up here we got room for 2 cars. The peeps on the 2nd floor have 2 cars too... I don't think its in anyone lease stating how many parking spots we have. The 2nd floor peeps are cool and we've chatted about the situation.... nobody ever sees the 3rd floor people... nobody really knows how many people live there either... according to the leasing company that rented me this place, there is one dude. But there are clearly 2 dudes, now 3. And the often have extended stay guests.

Dude on the 2nd floor said he counted 5 showers the other day. I told my wife... it's probably 3 dudes, and two took showers again after sex. EECH!

stainless

ask the apartment company.....if there are new poeple on the top floor( you know there are but this is nicer)

because there have been problems with parking. Menthion you have talked with the other neighbors.

They should care. it usualy breaks your lease to have more people living in a unit. EVEN IF THEY ALL ARE IN THE SAME BED.

In the aprtment company does not care tell them that you will start renting out the parking spaces.... ;D

mikebike357

I'd move but I just finished unpacking.
default_smile.png

It's really not that much of an issue right now, but if it continues... all hell will break loose. I can't wait to have a house again.

S

silver bqqst.

we could light the motherfucker on fire (his car that is) That would be the easy way to handle the situation.

BIG FIRE = no car!

Car Whore

I love my apartment for this very reason....huge parking lot,no assigned spots. ;D

My roomate moved out of Portland because of the stupid parking situation.What is the deal in the winter if you park on the street and there is a ban? You have to park miles away and walk?

Mr Mike

Go out in the middle of the night and jack it up, put blocks under the car so the wheels are just off the ground. When he goes to take off in the morning he'll sware he broke some thing LOL.... did it to a friend of mine once.... ;D
default_wink.png
;D

mikebike357

For shit sake... the other asshat decided to put his car in at an angle in the middle of the lot last nite! Totally blocking in two cars. Thankfully my wife went to the gym this morning so the original asshat was able to squeeze out. WTF.

Latest posts

Back