Apkarian100's XV Crosstrek

apkarian100

Vendor
So I bought a Crosstrek! I love how they look, and could care less about turbos and go fast bits right now. It's DGM in color. 5 speed. Plans are to darken it up a bit, get some mudflaps, change out the lights, add a light bar, and gets some smaller wheels and bigger tires. Offroad theme!

1239451_2115648570833_204236474_n.jpg

Yesterday I debadged it and added some taillight overlays:

1377007_2128134882983_1921118952_n.jpg

IMG_20131012_145243_235_zpsf093902d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

apkarian100

Vendor
Still have your uel headers? And a borla might be nice too
I sold it because it would not have fit. I hear the FB/FA engines use the same header-to-head flanges, but the heads are spaced out wider than the EJ engines. While it might not have been too hard to lengthen my header, I put the UEL header idea on hold for now. I have some other things in store for the XV.

Ray

The Northernah'
Wow that's awesome! The XV would be my first choice for a new subaru, and that sounds amazing with whatever exhaust setup that is!

apkarian100

Vendor
Wow that's awesome! The XV would be my first choice for a new subaru, and that sounds amazing with whatever exhaust setup that is!
It's just a muffler delete. Simple and awesome. I might do a muffler to cut down on any possible rasp and legal issues.

5 speed? I thought they only came in 6MT and CVT? Looks nice though!
The Crosstrek in the US is 5MT or CVT. Other areas have 6MT and CVT.....and turbo diesel! I want a turbo diesel.

i-wagon

If space between heads was the only difference that would have been a super easy fix for those headers

apkarian100

Vendor
If space between heads was the only difference that would have been a super easy fix for those headers
I think that's the big thing, but I'm going to value my warranty for what it's worth right now.

I thought turbo motors weren't reliable enough for you?
They aren't, for a daily driver. This is my current DD. Years from now, I will acquire another car, and the Crosstrek will no longer be my only car.

Chris would be the 2nd member eligable to join the XV Crosstrek Club.
Where do I sign up?

apkarian100

Vendor
Added flaps today, not Rally Armor though. I found a rugged poly flap made by a company called Gorilla Offroad. They look and fit nice and only cost me $100!

1380023_2139343003179_427585382_n.jpg

Ray

The Northernah'
Looked great! Are those rigid or do the move like rally armor UR? I've been looking at these or DRT components flaps.

apkarian100

Vendor
They don't flop around like Rally Armor, but they are urethane so they'll be just are durable and won't bend over time like the basic Rally Armor plastic flaps. They are thicker urethane.

Looked great! Are those rigid or do the move like rally armor UR? I've been looking at these or DRT components flaps

Latest posts

Back