April 24 Rochester RallyX

Ray

The Northernah'
is 3" of lift and 31's too much? im pretty good a controlling my jeep, i might jump into this

RallyCat

is 3" of lift and 31's too much? im pretty good a controlling my jeep, i might jump into this
Probably. High center of gravity vehicles are a touchy subject. New drivers bringing something like a Jeep to run are given a pretty stern lecture about keeping it under control and are watched very carefully. Anything that has been lifted (unless specifically designed for high speed off-road racing - i.e. desert trucks) is frowned upon. It's just too much of a roll over risk.

Ty Ty

i figured as much, thanks for the info, i might go and watch still!

I'll let you run my Audi if you want to give rallycross a try sometime, just not at this event, my car won't be there.

It's a lot safer than my Jeep, and certainly yours.

RallyCat

Definitely still come and check it out. The passenger's seat of the Merkur is always open for an entertaining ride to those that want it.
default_wink.png

Tim

Ray

The Northernah'
I'll let you run my Audi if you want to give rallycross a try sometime, just not at this event, my car won't be there.
It's a lot safer than my Jeep, and certainly yours.
SWEET! that's very nice of you I might have to take you up o that!

TheSoundMan

im ten minutes up the road, so ill be there for sure......I'll try to test my memory of what everyones rides look like.

09FXT

was this the first picture in the sequence
default_lost.gif

this was one of the last pictures I took that day.

jbskidude

was this the first picture in the sequence
default_additional_unamused.gif
this was one of the last pictures I took that day.

guess your right haha yes . Great pics! thanks. my mom actually got a poster made out of one of those pics. its hanging in her class room haha.

02 WRX Chris

Got another questions about helmets! Does it have to be full face shield or could it be like a dirt bike helmet? I got a buddy who is willing to let me borrow his snell aproved helmet, but it the one that you need goggles with the helmet. Think that could work?

ReZPunK

open face is ok, since your windows will be rolled up and no open top cars are allowed.

not sure on the motorcross helmet. some are and some aren't allowed. depends on the rating

RallyCat

Got another questions about helmets! Does it have to be full face shield or could it be like a dirt bike helmet? I got a buddy who is willing to let me borrow his snell aproved helmet, but it the one that you need goggles with the helmet. Think that could work?
Just make sure that it has one of the SNELL stickers listed above inside it. M95 - M2005 or SA95 - SA2005 is required. It does not have to be a full face nor do you have to wear goggles. Open face helmets are acceptable.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Oooh! I really want to go to this! hmm

out of curiosity, what class would the GL be in?

Last edited by a moderator:

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
Getting some Gravel tires tomorrow.. Getting ready to go for this event! hehe.. BTW KAT, I'll have that sent in on Monday!! hehe

Back