are there regular rallycrosses in NH/MA/ME?

Taiden

CMC does beaucoup de autocross all spring/summer/fall.... but I cant seem to find any info on regular rallycrosses.

Where do we hear about them? Autocross is easy to track down but not so much rally.
default_additional_sillylol.gif

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Rezpunk beat me to it. NER.org has 'em usually once a month throughout the year. You missed yesterdays where we had a decent mainely crew turnout.

CMC has had some rallycrosses at the farm in Lyman, but the grand-pooh-bahs of the club aren't really interested in it, so who knows what they'll be doing.

This section of the forum will usually have a thread for each event, so you can keep an eye on here if you don't wanna bookmark NER and CMC.

ReZPunK

well....since they have included those into the Rally America Eastern Region championship for the 2010 season...it looks like i will be doing a few of those this summer.

inski

well....since they have included those into the Rally America Eastern Region championship for the 2010 season...it looks like i will be doing a few of those this summer.
What!?!? Its a narrow road going up a hill and all pavement. They are doing that as a regional rally?

Ty Ty

What!?!? Its a narrow road going up a hill and all pavement. They are doing that as a regional rally?
default_additional_sillylol.gif

I stopped understanding the direction that RA is going years ago...

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Although, I'm looking forward to the Euro-Rallycross

Those should be interesting. I do feel bad for the three venues that no longer have rallies though...happy NEFR is still around.

saabman

Not fair to say CMC "grand poobas" are not interested in RallyCross. The problem is venues (same issue NER has). The farm in Lyman was home to a CMC/NER event there in the fall and a CMC event their in the winter. CMC is having a RallyCross on pavement event in Bath later in the summer. It will use RallyCross rules.

Chris

Ty Ty

That just sounds like an autocross with relaxed classing rules.

Cover the lot with an inch of sand, then you can have some fun.

Matt

i was just talking with pedro and he mentioned a rally that's coming up in june or july, going have pastrana and all the other top drivers...might be cool to have a ms meet up there?

Taiden

Maine Forest Rally! we can only spectate though or if you're nice to pedro he might let you ride in the backseat on sweep

RallyCat

Better yet, organize a group of people and come WORK the event. You get the enormous satisfaction of knowing that you helped make the event possible (it takes a huge number of people volunteering to work the stages to make an event like this happen - like 300 - 500 people to do it right!) and you potentially get the best seats in the house to watch from.

snakedude900

That just sounds like an autocross with relaxed classing rules.

Cover the lot with an inch of sand, then you can have some fun.
This is just a fun idea to keep up with rallycross even though we currently have no venues. It will still be a fun rallycross type event. This is just like rallys that are held on tarmac as well.

CMC has interest in having rallycross events but there are no venues that we know of(other than the farm which needs to do farming during the summer. Do you or anyone have venue ideas that could be pursued?

Ty Ty

No, not really. I've been trying to find Maine locations for NER for a couple years, no luck.

IMO, and I'll probably sound like a dink for saying it, but there aren't really enough viable locations for two organizing bodies to be competing for up here...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back