attn Redline

inski

The youngest kid's OBS projekt. We'd like to work it so its like Jeremy's car. The RS wagon, maybe a couple suspension doo dads, cat back or axle back, paint, tint. Keep it simple and driveable.

so Kat, get this...the finance minister didn't like it when I'd spent money on my car, but it's OK if I spend money on the kids' cars. Heh heh, I got the system beat!.
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Redline

Ask, and you shall receive.

Before:

DSCF4182.jpg

After:

HairyOBS004.jpg

HairyOBS002.jpg

Photos are pre-tint, fogs and wheels. Everything else is pretty much spot on.

Redline

I had it painted at Broadway Auto Body, down here in Haverhill, MA. The quote was $1300, but I added on an un-prepped front bumper and asked them to paint the mirrors too. All in all, it came to $1600.

They did an alright job. There's 2 or 3 "saggy" areas where you can tell the paint almost ran. Also, the hood lip is bubbling and chipping already, but nothing else is. Kinda wierd. It may have been the poor primer coat that was on the hood when I got it.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I have always wondered what it would cost to have my car painted. Thanks for sharing!

Beautiful car BTW.

inski

I might shoot our OBS myself. My first attempt at painting was a disaster on the VW. Second attempt was fair, same VW. The attitude I have towards Subarus is different. I really dont want to screw it up at all, but it is a cheapy car. For the VW I didn't care if it came out nice or not but I took all the right steps to get there. Paint is stupid expensive ($150+ base, $150+ for clear) and I have to buy another tip for the gun that's another $40. Its tough to get all geared up, plunk a bunch of money on liquids, spend two days masking, then shoot it and have it look like poop on a stick. The toughest thing to do is decide on the color. but we have narrowed it down to two choices. Red, or black.

This is what I'd like to see in the end....

1397230514_1fb62cad6a.jpg

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Go with black
default_biggrin.png

I'd love to put an LGT bumper, hood, and trunk on my legacy and paint it black. Would look so sweet.

inski

THE "OBS FLYER"
default_biggrin.png
exactly! Pimped out OBS, Picture it...

1. resprayed OBS, red, all red.

2. dumped on the ground

3. some white 17s

4. tint

5. fatty exhaust

6. and a "Radio Flyer" decal right where it used to say Outback Sport on the rear door.

Oh yeah!

Topz, you haven't been in Radio Flyer lately have you.
default_wink.png
Your knees will be in your cheeks! But, they do make turbos for those lil 5hp Briggs & Strattons!!

Redline

I'm with Rad on this one...

But seriously though - Candy Apple Red paint, black tint and black or white rims. If I had to do it over again, I'd go a little further with my car. Right now, though... it's too old to spend money on now.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
so Kat, get this...the finance minister didn't like it when I'd spent money on my car, but it's OK if I spend money on the kids' cars. Heh heh, I got the system beat!.
default_additional_spin.gif
nice work! live threw the kids, like any good dad:banana:

Latest posts

Back