aug 10th auto-x at the jetport (+ pics)

akinaspeedstar

haha that's me riding shotgun in the caborlet when the exaust fell off! haha that was in interesting ride to say the least.

those are some good stageing shots of my with trainable in the pass seat.

yeah i wasn't reall feeling it today either, my best time before my tires gave out to the heat was a 34.7 or something. not particularly happy. but then i really wasn't feeling the course either, defanatly made for small RWD cars and even they had problems.

Trainable

Haha I didn't even notice I made the pix at first. Thanks again for the ride, I def would have gotten lost my first run (still kinda did) without the ride.

I think I did pretty well (34.055 and a 33.7 something + some cones), but none of my afternoon laps showed up on the board ??? so maybe I was just napping under a tree dreaming of being quick. ;D Up until today I hadn't hit a cone, but that sure changed... Think I got 6 in the "chicago box" thing at the end.

If somehow my afternoon times didn't get linked to my car is there any chance they were still recorded (Anonio, Andy)?

ruggedman

My best today was a 32.3XX. I felt it was a pretty equal course for everything, my first run I didnt use any power on the straight and only mustered out like a 34 something, once i really laced into it and just cut the corners as close as possible I found a lot of time.

And Gabe, I got your last runs, but i thought you were number 151 not 121 since the numbers were backwards...so it's my fault they werent showing up. They were recorded and I made a note to have them fixed. If they're not i've got a few other corrections that need to be made (a civic in ESP?? WTF ???) and we'll get you squared away. ;D Great job out there today!

akinaspeedstar

yeah not my best day out there, for some reason i just wasn't feeling it, couldn't get myself in the right mindset.

thanks for the tips john, but the engine and the tires had just given up due to the heat at that point. but next time i'll try and put them to good use

Trainable

You forget the RSs don't have as much of that power stuff
default_biggrin.png
. They seemed to have a rough day not quite small and nimble enough to get through the end quickly, but not powerful enough to gain much time in the straight.

Great, good to know they are recorded. Uggg I thought I got the backwards number thing fixed in the morning, but it was the morning... Sorry for adding to the confusion. I thought the civic in ESP didn't sound right at all
default_biggrin.png

saabman

Early in the day I got a ride from Andy, and it was quite a hoot from the co-pilot seat. Note to self, must find better place to hold on in a WRX. Anyway, I came away worried that my car would not have the moxy to keep up with the big dogs. My friend with the white Sonett also rode with Andy, and came away with a big grin. All the more meaningful because he has a WRX too (which his wife may drive at future events)

But the Norse gods were smiling yesterday, as my yellow Sonett ran wicked fast (or more likely turned very fast). Just goes to prove that old adage that on any given Sunday.......

Props to all the Subie drivers, you are a force to be reckoned with at CMC A/X events.

Chris

saabman

I love your Sonett!! I had a yellow 1972 for about 3 months back in 1999.I bought it from a guy in Hampton Beach that had restored it,sort of.Everything looked great,except the engine lost oil pressure not long after I had it.I brought it to Charlie at Back Bay,and he was gonna swap another V4 into it for me,but a guy saw it sitting there and offered me what I had paid for it running,so I sold it.I wonder if it is still around.I really wish I had kept it,but it's always good to see one around as well done as yours! Do you have old Saab Motorsports parts on it? Your friend's white one was nice,also.
Thanks for the kind words. I got my first Sonett in 1978 have owned many different ones since. Currently 8 of them reside a me casa. No old Saab Motorsports parts in Yellow Thunder (although I have just about all the old parts on the shelf: cams, rockers, pistons, etc) Most engine parts are of more recent vintage. The engine is a Ford, so many things for a small block work in it.

Like Andys says, a ride without sound just lacks intensity. Pumping out 90+ db of engine/exhaust note at full song gets the blood pumping (it is also sounds that clues me on my shift points).

V

vtec_ed

The red Trans-Am was kicking ass out there.

what you showed???

and EVAN, AWESOME PIX!!
Yeah,I was driving the red Trans Am.
default_biggrin.png

No,I showed up around 10am or so.I walked by your car a couple of times but you weren't around.My red Miata blended in with all of the others.
oh that stinks..

I was driving the kart too.. I have the red helmet, brown jacket, and tan pants on in the Kart picture Evan took
Heres somemore of you Perdo:

tarmacattack071.jpg

tarmacattack072.jpg

tarmacattack073.jpg

btw this is my first post. Had to join to see the sweet pics.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
the kart is what made me ill.

all that heat + thinsulate leather jacket and long pants..

and then when I went to my car pit to get water and run back up, I was late for my run and got yelled at. :
default_biggrin.png

Evan

thanks for the kind comments on the pics guys.

i'll try to take more variety next time, since there were obviously members that didnt get pics posted.

jonny6speed, nice to meet you too, ralli as well.

ralli

i'll try to take more variety next time, since there were obviously members that didnt get pics posted.

Yes, It was awesome to actually get to meet you. Glad you made it out for a while.

ruggedman

I was sitting opposite of you for a little while in the tent...didnt introduce myself but i overheard someone say you were evan from STM. Awesome pictures btw!!! I'd love to see more of our future events with that sick photographic skill you've apparently got!

Latest posts

Back