auto headlights

Smiththers

so when i got my car i didnt think this worked like it did on the older ones because when i turn the switch on the lights come on. tonight i actually shut my car off and took out the key before i shut the lights off and ill be damned the lights go off upon removing the key! auto lights are still alive and well!

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
so when i got my car i didnt think this worked like it did on the older ones because when i turn the switch on the lights come on. tonight i actually shut my car off and took out the key before i shut the lights off and ill be damned the lights go off upon removing the key! auto lights are still alive and well!
This is seriously one of the best features ever and I love it in these cars. It's retarded that other companies don't do it, but I understand why, since some of them can't wire themselves out of a paper bag. (I'm looking at you chrystler)

Smiththers

This is seriously one of the best features ever and I love it in these cars. It's retarded that other companies don't do it, but I understand why, since some of them can't wire themselves out of a paper bag. (I'm looking at you chrystler)
Dont even get me started with american car companies.....

Stein

Stein
I love the fact that they turn off when you shut off the car. But sometimes, like when I want light outside, I don't want to have to put in the key just to turn on the headlights.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Yeah I love how Subarus do that. I leave mine on all the time. Great for visibilty, and you never leave them on!

Mighty Subie

I don't shut them off on my WRX unless it's a special occasion. My mom just got a 2010 forester and that doesn't shut off when you turn the car off, but as mentioned, they shut off when the key actually comes out. It's a little odd to get used to, but I that does have running lights too so even though she doesn't keep her headlights on all the time, it's still safer than having no lights on.

i-wagon

the only other car i've seen do that is a tc, but it's awesome to have. my switch stays on all the time

krazykarpenter

I never shut the lights off in my car.

The auto-shut off is as Dan put it:

seriously one of the best features ever and I love it in these cars
I think the only time that I turn them off is when I am at a drive in movie-lol

i-wagon

I never shut the lights off in my car. The auto-shut off is as Dan put it:

I think the only time that I turn them off is when I am at a drive in movie-lol
wtf where do you find a drive in movie these days?

Stein

Stein
I haven't been to one in about 3.5-4 years. I forget where it is actually
default_wink.png
. I think there's three of them within an hour's drive of Yarmouth.

Nate

Founding Father
They do ok. I have HID's in my car and occasionally leave them on when I get out of the car. I just typically try and remember to shut my lights off all the time when I shut the car off so as to not stress the ballasts.

Smiththers

They do ok. I have HID's in my car and occasionally leave them on when I get out of the car. I just typically try and remember to shut my lights off all the time when I shut the car off so as to not stress the ballasts.
im thinking about making a dual battery Isolated setup for my future stereo anyways, im sure that would cure a cranking voltage drop :)

Nate

Founding Father
Or, just shut them off.

The HID's run in the projector (low beams) and your car has a day time running light for day use anyway. (Daytime running lights can be easily disabled too if you're interested)

I dont bother run the bulbs any more then I need tom so I dont run them during the day.

Smiththers

i already re wired the relay that runs the fog lights so i can run them with the parking lights and or high beams, DRLs is next on my list. I know how to do it, but just getting the time to get the car in the shop and do it is another story...

Nate

Founding Father
Turn your wheel all the way to the left, pop a couple clips and reach in from the passenger side fender well. I did it in the middle of winter in my driveway. Took 10 mins.

Care to help me do the "fog lights on all the time" mod? I really wanna do this now that I have HIDs in the fogs. Its not good for them to be shutting on and off all the time, So if I'm driving in an area at night when I will be switching back and forth between high and low beams, I just shut them off completely.

Latest posts

Back