autox tires

akinaspeedstar

i was gonna put this in the motor sports section but i figured this was a better place for it.

so looking at my tires after the last event... and it doesn't look like there gonna make it the season, there kinda dead. and instead of spending money on suspention bits and brakes... i think new tires would help my times more then anything. so the three tires im looking at

falken Azenis- but they don't seem to sell the ones everyone was running all i find is the ST115 which dont look like a auto x tire

the kook rs2- the top contender for me right now

and the BF Goodrich g-Force Sport- the same price as the cooks.

am i missing anything? money defanatly is an issuse so cheeper is better.

thoughts?

akinaspeedstar

well if your subzero's would fit i'd buy them off of you. but unfortunatly money wise im either looking at a set of brand new tires which im gonna feel bad about ruining, OR i find some new rims with tires and try to get the rest of the season out of them...

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
well if your subzero's would fit i'd buy them off of you. but unfortunatly money wise im either looking at a set of brand new tires which im gonna feel bad about ruining, OR i find some new rims with tires and try to get the rest of the season out of them...
the wheels are sold anyway.

akinaspeedstar

haha even better
default_tongue.png

so what do you think of those choices??

ralli

i was gonna put this in the motor sports section but i figured this was a better place for it.

so looking at my tires after the last event... and it doesn't look like there gonna make it the season, there kinda dead. and instead of spending money on suspention bits and brakes... i think new tires would help my times more then anything. so the three tires im looking at

falken Azenis- but they don't seem to sell the ones everyone was running all i find is the ST115 which dont look like a auto x tire

the kook rs2- the top contender for me right now

and the BF Goodrich g-Force Sport- the same price as the cooks.

am i missing anything? money defanatly is an issuse so cheeper is better.

thoughts?
The hankook RS-2s are an awesome all around tire and great for autox..

The Falkens are better in some aspects (especially in the dry which doesn't happen much this year)... www.discounttiredriect.com.. Click on tires, by brand, Falken passanger/performance, view all 12, Click on the second one down (Azenis RT-615), Then click on the 215/45/16... and buy 4.. ;D

akinaspeedstar

whew those buggers are expensive, they don't have my exact size but the closes that i can run is $120 ! the RS2's are only like $97 and are the correct size

i think the idea is to get though jully on my tires then brake down and find some money for tires in august

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
for the cheap, they will probably do mediocre.. I have been told that the sidewalls are a little soft. but I have no first hand experience.

ralli

cool they seem to be about $10 less from edge racing ( the kooks that is)

what do you think of like a set of kook k106's?
Also remember to build in the cost of shipping with edge racing.. discount tire usually has free shipping so that would be built into the price..

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
SPT's are 280. and they are "decent"

but then again Treadwear is not an industry standardized measurement.

RedForester08

I'm thinking about these. Ventus Sport K104 205/55 ZR-16 91Y. $264 to the door and a 280 treadwear. Should be good and sticky. 91Y tire

hanhz3.ang.jpg

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?cf=false&sw=false&cs=205&pc=11608&rd=16&ar=55
The 'GOOD' tires are generally 200 or less treadwear... (max for ST classes is 140 i think)
But for the money can I beat it. or should I save up another $100 and get the.

Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212 205/55ZR-16 91W Treadwear 200

hanhz6.ang.jpg

Latest posts

Back