autox tires

akinaspeedstar

hey no worries this is a tire thread anyone who was questions and answers feel free!

well im out some of the money i thought i was gonna have... so i guess we'll see what i can do about tires

RedForester08

Well what did you end up getting for tires. I should have the HanKook Ventus 104 on for Windham. We will see. That was the tire my budget (Wife) would go for. I use to have three sets of tires and wheels for my ATV also so she knows how much of a tire whore I am.

RedForester08

for the cheap, they will probably do mediocre.. I have been told that the sidewalls are a little soft. but I have no first hand experience.
Ya the KT 106's are a 360 A/A 91V tire just like the RE92's 1356lbs/146mph

But the KT104's are 280 AA/A 91Y 1356lbs/186mph

The Kumho's Akinaspeedstar took 3rd on in Lewiston are also 280 AA/A 93W 1433lbs/168mph

We will see. It's just a hobby. (that's what I try to make the wife believe.)

akinaspeedstar

i didn't get anything. i decided to fix stuff, and just cord my current tires hahaha

and my kumho 712's' had NOTHING to do with me getting 3rd. the tires are junk, which is good cause i can burn them off with out feeling bad, instead of burning off good tires until im a better driver to back them up.

RedForester08

My point was only that the New Kooks I have got comming are as good as the Kumho's 712s when new. You took 3rd on junk tires. That's great. So for the money these will do just fine. If Auto -X does not work out then I don't have a lot invested.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
My point was only that the New Kooks I have got comming are as good as the Kumho's 712s when new. You took 3rd on junk tires. That's great. So for the money these will do just fine. If Auto -X does not work out then I don't have a lot invested.

dont' forget, Treat wear is not the be all - end all when it comes to tire performance. Look at the treadwear on your RE-92's.
default_wink.png

RedForester08

So true you are Ryan. But no one has had anytime on these and I could not get the Kumho's in the size I wanted. I hope these will do OK. I have a lot of seat time to go before I go nuts on the tires. I can see the Kooks RS2's in the future for next year. I hope

As for the RE-92's that is wild they are at a 160 and 280. But a single A for traction rating. The pushed really bad the day I ran them and they don't feel that stable at speeds over 90mph

Latest posts

Back