Stein

Stein
Wow...

I saw the movie last night.

It was the best movie I have ever seen. I usually don't have the patience to sit through a 1.5 hour or 2 hour movie, but this movie was so worth it. I never once felt bored, and only one time did I wonder what time it was. I didn't bother to check, however.

While watching this movie, my life just kept getting smaller and smaller. It feels meaningless compared to this movie. Seriously.

Also, the daughter of the Navi tribe leader (forget her name) was freaking hot, even though she had blue skin. I loved all the language that Cameron did (or if he didn't make the language/hunting sounds/war cries, whoever did is awesome too).

I honestly feel that my outlook on life has totally changed.

Stein

Stein
Yes, but not imax (friend bought the wrong tickets, oh well).

It was still amazing. The glasses fit okay over my regular glasses.

Nate

Founding Father
I think I'm going to wait a couple weeks for the lines to die down and take a trip down to see it in IMAX 3D. Looking forward to it.

internalcombust

Saw it, it was visually very stunning. I don't really know if it was good enough to be life altering though. Good overall, but too many pot shots against right wingers in it. I couldn't help but feel evil just for being a right wing human while I watched it. I do read into things a little too much sometimes though. I would recomend going to see it though.

Stein

Stein
^I definitely tried not to pay attention to the politics, but you have to admit that humans have a habit of taking things they want.

internalcombust

^I definitely tried not to pay attention to the politics, but you have to admit that humans have a habit of taking things they want.
That does not make us evil. In nature the strong survive by taking the things they need.
default_smile.png

Stein

Stein
That does not make us evil. In nature the strong survive by taking the things they need.
default_smile.png
I didn't say it made us evil. After watching and reading online + in a magazine, I do think that Cameron was criticizing greed and out mistreatment of our planet.

The other thing is that the natives of the planet (Pandora) are thriving without taking things.

My favorite part was early on, when the main character (Jake) is being attacked by wild dog-like creatures and is saved when the main Na'vi (natives of the planet) character shoots one with an arrow and starts kicking ass on the rest. She was very upset that Jake had forced the lives of the dogs to be wasted.

Stein

Stein
verrry good movie. it made me wish our world was like that
I was waiting for somebody else to say that. Also, I was a member of the Eywa religion, I would start eating meat again. There were lots of heart-touching parts to the movie.

Pick me a new avatar please
default_additional_sillylol.gif
:

JakeCharge.jpg

NeytAvat.jpg

NeytFlying.jpg

NeytStance.jpg

jakesullyAvat.jpg

Kristof

Banned
absolutly amazing movie. if your not a sci-fi fan its worth seeign just because of the amazing visuals in it. a lot of 3d movies have 3d moments and the rest is kind of boring but in this movie the whole 3 hours was a deep and rich 3d world and u literally felt like you were a part of it. the story line was kind of a dances with wolves plot but one of the bets movies i have ever seen and i watch about 3-4 movies a week. i will be the first to call a movie left wing propaganda ut this one didnt have much of it. i think the main message was to learn to respect other cultures

Last edited by a moderator:

internalcombust

absolutly amazing movie. if your not a sci-fi fan its worth seeign just because of the amazing visuals in it. a lot of 3d movies have 3d moments and the rest is kind of boring but in this movie the whole 3 hours was a deep and rich 3d world and u literally felt like you were a part of it. the story line was kind of a dances with wolves plot but one of the bets movies i have ever seen and i watch about 3-4 movies a week. i will be the first to call a movie left wing propaganda ut this one didnt have much of it. i think the main message was to learn to respect other cultures
It was a great movie, and it definately was slanted left. Just sayin'.

Stein

Stein
I'm going to see it again today or tomorrow. Imax this time, baby!

I watched a short "making of" sort of video on Hulu: Making a Scene.

Every time I see the part where Neytiri says "You knew this would happen?" "I trusted you" "You will never be one of The People," either in the movie or just in a short video like this, I shiver. It's a very emotional scene, extremely well done. 3:59/4:00ish in the video I posted on Hulu. I feel for Jake and it always feels like my heart is going to snap
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back