Awwsheet's Ride :p

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
I did Fab it myself this past weekend. About 40 bucks in steel, 8 bucks in hardware, and a few bucks of welding wire and paint. I need to powdercoat it though. Had a good time
default_smile.png

04Exploder

no offense but that looks so bad on that car. just my 2 cents. two lights would have looked better.. sick car tho

RyanR

You're right 04exploder. It's not the best looking solution, but as always, I'm all about function over form. I set out to use two pencilbeam lights and two fogs for maximum light coverage at night, but I also wanted to keep my front plate. I also wanted to have it structurally sound so it could take cone or baby fox whacking and keep the lights from shaking too bad. I have thought about making the two outer fogs removable because they attract a lot of attention.

Anywho, it's bright as hell at night and lots of fun
default_biggrin.png

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Its not the prettiest thing in the world, but function over form is something I'm on board with. I sitll like it.

04Exploder

im not saying you did a bad job on it. that thing is sick and i wish i could do the same thing , i just didnt like how there were 4 big lights. just didnt look right.. but its your car and you can do whatever u want. thanks for doing something different and showing everyone..that's my opinion

Tyler

I think you should cut the extra off the ends of the bar where the big lights are mounted and stick them up top in front of your grill, or even better, put the big ones on the bottom and move the smaller ones up top. I like the lights, but I think having those bars stick out that far to the sides is what makes it look iffy. Just my opinion, otherwise nice lights
default_biggrin.png

RyanR

I think you should cut the extra off the ends of the bar where the big lights are mounted and stick them up top in front of your grill, or even better, put the big ones on the bottom and move the smaller ones up top. I like the lights, but I think having those bars stick out that far to the sides is what makes it look iffy. Just my opinion, otherwise nice lights
default_biggrin.png
my initial plan was to put the small ones on top of the bar, however, those plus the supertones would block most of the airflow to the radiator. it's really what i want, but function over form haha

thanks for all the compliments guys. i'll get pics of up of the rest of the stuff i've done to it sometime soon.

RyanR

You can never have enough light! How are the PIAA lights (are they ION Lens?).
I love the PIAAs. They are the ION lens, but I'm not a fan of the yellow bulbs. They don't put out as much light as white bulbs.

patsti

NitrousFed
I love the PIAAs. They are the ION lens, but I'm not a fan of the yellow bulbs. They don't put out as much light as white bulbs.
hmm if they are coated yellow then that's true... If they are 3000k hid then they put out the most usable light...

Yellow bulbs are kinda lame if the are hallogen. I tried them before on my g35 for the fogs/hi and quickly changed to HID Bixenon instead.

Now do these put out a yellow and blue light with the ion tint or is it just yellow? I have seen some that put out both colors and some that are just yellow. I wish they made them in a smaller size so I could run them on my car in the winter!

MAKE THAT BAR STRONG ENOUGH TO TAKE OUT ANYTHING IN IT'S PATH!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanR

Unfortunately they're yellow halogen. The lense is tinted blue/yellow. I need to do some more research and see what the best bulbs for that tinted lense would be

Back