bay city motors. some entertaining craigslists posts

skipow

http://maine.craigsl...3444229400.html

some entertaining posts about BCM on craigslists. somebodys really not happy.

cut and pasted in case of the writer taking it down*

"Came in to buy the wrx assuming there was a warranty which was my fault.I get there the car instantly has a headlight out and still smells like antifreeze you said you replaced the o-ring gasket on the radiator but the smell was coming from the drivers side of the car not the passenger.Than you tell me i should have know more about the car before coming down to buy it, when your the dealer and knew nothing about the car you were intending to sell to me and how to use what, and what does what something a dealer should know,than proceeded to change the hid bulb with a halogen bulb so i would be driving with one of each how professional is that which led me to not buy the car as if you did that who knows what else might have been half assed on the car than you proceeded to give me an attitude when i no longer wanted it if it wasn't such a shady buy i would be driving it right now but by the looks of your dealership you do nothing to the cars but make them barely pass inspection and do not car about the mechanical well being of the cars you sell as you don't provide any warranty. i appreciate you not making me buy the car and good luck to whom ever is stuck with it in the future.ill be making sure everyone i know and talk to spreads the word that your dealership is shady as hell have a nice day ---------email from me a buyer

fudge you. Learn about what you're buying before you purchase it. I just took the car in trade 3 days ago and am still waiting for a spec sheet from the customer. Maybe if you had half a clue about what you were purchasing the you'd understand the modifications. That was a professionally built car from a very reputable tuner in New Hampshire. You clearly don't deserve a car like that. Go buy a pos stock one that's been beat but looks ok instead of one that's had as much care as that one. I wouldn't have let you have it anyway your money is no good to me.----------- from the owner of Bay City Motors in portland, maine

As i told him i had no problem with the car being modified in any way i would just like to know how to use everything it had and what it had......and the car still had an unknown antifreeze problem and messed up headlights i wanted to post this to show just how unprofessional this company is and how the owner reacts to opinions. "

•  

Last edited by a moderator:

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
dealer is setting himself up for Big Prob$ retailing a heavily modded car like that.

buyer is setting himself up for Big Prob$ buying a heavily modded car like that.

both are super happy to blame each other for setting themselves up for Big Prob$.

sounds like a match made in heaven.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
dealer is setting himself up for Big Prob$ retailing a heavily modded car like that.

buyer is setting himself up for Big Prob$ buying a heavily modded car like that.

both are super happy to blame each other for setting themselves up for Big Prob$.

sounds like a match made in heaven.
Dave, you crack me up!

Matt

It's not very professional of the dealer to be responding like that. Which is why you don't buy cars from them. They had a shop on rt 1 by Primes auto mile... They didn't last long at all.

skipow

any dealer that responds to an allegation with "F**K You" has got to be a winner.

i looked into their reviews a couple months back when they were advertising a 2004 sti for a good price. their reviews are just as entertaining.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
328whp on a td04.... im going to go with no lol

kinetics dyno numbers are not inflated like some others ive seen

and a customer of mine test drove that car, said it was slower then his stg 2 2.0 wrx

02 WRX Chris

I have heard nothing but bad about that place. He wicked shady and does shit work. Had a friend that went to college with me and he hung out there a lot. He got to be good friends with the guy that owns the place, and found out that he doesn't half assed work, and doesn't care about anyone but him making money.

Brian Lowell

Brian-Lowell.com
Wow, that's kinda random but I know the person who wrote that Craigslist post. He didn't listen to me when I told him "STAY AWAY FROM THAT CAR" ... which I guess now he learned.

T

The Asian Persuasion

I could tell you a few things about that place and the shit i've seen before. I used to hang out there all the time

JoeBalz

2005 LGT's suck.
I sold my last car (01 Jetta) private sale to one of the guys that either works there/co-owns? Never really got the whole story. That jetta was a lemon and he knew it, probably used to to screw someone, never really been impressed with them...

SUBARUDE

Spotted the new lucky owner of this car today in Lewiston so I guess there is a sucker born everyday

Latest posts

Back