bead seal

Fozzy

for the past two months my front drivers side tire has been getting low many times. i have filled it 4 times these past months and its been around 14 psi when normally it should be 40ish. i finally went to tire warehouse today and went to see what was wrong. turns out i had a leak in the bead seal. cost me 15 bucks. good price? thoughts? comments?

inski

Yeah your crusty old alloys are probably corroding. The aluminum corrosion causes air leaks here and there. Best bet is to have the warehouse or EG sand off the corrosion and bead seal the entire bead area of each tire/wheel. Its was happening on our 2000 foxxy also. I just break the bead, pull off the tire, hit it with the wizz wheel and remove corrosion and loose clear coat, slap on a bunch of bead sealer, and remount tire on wheel. wipe off any excess sealer. Followed by re-balance.

Fozzy

bummah. then again i could buy gabe's xt wheels and slap those bad boys on there
default_additional_sillylol.gif

then again i think cleaning them would be a better route unfortunately
default_tongue.png

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
You shouldn't always go by the psi rating on the tire, look at the psi in your owners manual or the door jam.

CheySpec207

15 bux sounds about right its consider a flat repair I work at tire warehouse in portland and that sounds like the price im not sure with prices i just work in the shop but they should have consulted with you about having your wheel grinded to get the corrosion off the bead and have it nice and clean its a little more expensive but it saves you the headache of having to fill your tires often. The only time i've used bead sealer is on steel wheels with a lot of rust on the bead where as they probably need to get a new rim but if they cant spare it then i use bead sealer to get them by

patsti

NitrousFed
You shouldn't always go by the psi rating on the tire, look at the psi in your owners manual or the door jam.
I sometimes run 70psi on my rear tires lol (that was to make it make lots of smoke)... Those labels are for people who pay dealers to change wiper blades... ITS ALL IN WHAT YOU LIKE AND HOW YOU DRIVE... Now that being said I normally run 38psi in the front (stretched tire) and 45psi in the back (stretched tire).

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I sometimes run 70psi on my rear tires lol (that was to make it make lots of smoke)... Those labels are for people who pay dealers to change wiper blades... ITS ALL IN WHAT YOU LIKE AND HOW YOU DRIVE... Now that being said I normally run 38psi in the front (stretched tire) and 45psi in the back (stretched tire).
Yes of course, but if you don't want to wear your tires out sooner than they should, and get decent gas mileage, then you should go with somewhere around what the door jam says. I'm sure 70 psi did make your tires burn very well:lol:

Latest posts

Back