Berge56

Berge56

Okay so I finally decided to document my progress on my WRX. I bought the car in Nov of 03. After I racked up 12k in 8 months, it was time for new tires and brakes since I used to live up in the hills... enough said. I quickly upgraded the brakes with hawk hps pads and powerslot rotors and put on some nice all season BFG's. Then from there the mod addiction happened, I soon had a borla cbe, gutted my stock uppipe, had my td04 sent out to deadbolt for some PnP work. Soon after that I bought my APv1, APS TBE, installed defi gauges (boost, egt and oil pressure). I then started to tune my own car and bought cobbs streetuner software to assist me with this. Earlier this year I bought Gerald's Deadbolt 18g turbo and Helix 660 injectors. After finally getting around to installing the injectors, fp and turbo and I brought my car down to EFI for some tuning. Once my car was on the dyno Chris quickly found that one of my injectors had just started leaking (my fault), so EFI changed out the torn O ring. Chris had my car tuned in 3 pulls! Final numbers were 275whp and 258 tq @19psi. I was very excited considering my previous setup had put down 229whp and 232tq back on Aug 8th at EFI's dyno day.

My current mods are:

Engine:

PnP stock exhaust manifold by Grimmspeed

Grimmspeed Uppipe

Deadbolt 18g

APS 3' TBE

Helix 660 injectors

Walboro fp

Kartboy exhaust hangers

Cobb AP with Streetuner software

APS 65mm cold air intake

APS 525 FMIC

Throttle body coolant bypass

GM BCS

Suspension and bushings:

BC BR coilovers with rear camber plates

Factory SS shifter

TIC rear diff bushings

TIC rear subframe bushings

TIC transmission crossover bushings

TIC shifter pivot shifter bushing

Kartboy rear subframe bolts

kartboy shifter busings front and rear

Whiteline steering rack bushings

Whiteline 24mm front adjustable sway bar (to be installed)

Whiteline 22mm rear adjustable sway bar (to be installed)

Future suspension mods include KB end links.

Brakes:

ATE brake fluid

Perrin master cylinder brace

Goodrich SS lines

2004 STI Brembo's with DBA 4000 rotors

Exterior:

Rota 18' Formula wheels

replica STI lip spoiler

STI hood Scoop

STI corner splitters

STI sideskirts

rally mud flaps made by me out of rubber

Debadge trunk

35% tints

Subaru Grill pillar delete

Cleared headlights with halo's

Infiniti FX Projectors with TSX-R Clear Lenses with BMW E46 shrouds

subimods 6k HID's for fogs

Interior:

Defi Boost, EGT and Oil temp gauges in the A pillar pod

Heated seats installed by long radio of Enfield

Alpine CD/MP3 head unit with Ipod hook up

1 JL 12' W3v2 sub powered by JL 300/1 amp

rockford fosgate 4 channel amp powreing the doors 400x4

6 1/2 compenent Infinity speakers up front

DSCN0246.jpg

WRXatnight3.jpg

DSCN0249.jpg

DSCN0243.jpg

Installing my FMIC

DSCN0122.jpg

DSCN0124.jpg

DSCN0127.jpg

Meyagi

I'm a hack
now that's an intercooler! Nice job man, very clean overall package. How are the BC coils holding up?

Berge56

Thanks guys. BC are holding up fantastic! The retro fit headlights are one of my favorite mods I did to the car.

Berge56

Thanks Mike! Yea I really love these wheels. Next spring I need to get new tires. Any recomendations?

Meyagi

I'm a hack
Id look into the Kumho XS, its said to be grippyer then the rt615 falken, and have longer tread wear. For less aggresive, the Toyo proxies4 are another good one to look into

Mark

dude!

this car just instantly became one of my favorites. i agree with mikey, those wheels work SO well with your car. how are you just joining today?!

Stein

Stein
Wow, those pics are all great, as is the car. Love the night shots.

+1 on those wheels working really well with the car.

GClark

Love the wheels! How bouncy are the coilovers? Mine are almost unbearable, and Im ready for a change.

Berge56

Thanks guys... The coilovers are fantastic for DD driving. I have them on the middle setting and I could go softer if needed but the wife didn't notice coilover ride for a couple of days.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back