Best junkyard for cheap parts?

SurlyOBS

Not sure if this should be in the WTB section or not.  I'm curious of where people are going to get cheap parts.  (at least in southern Maine)  Someone told me to check out Freeport Auto Salvage.  I know Cumberland Salvage is closer to me, any other places I should check out.  Basically I want to get some parts as cheap as possible to fix up my $200 beater and sell it to my friend who needs a cheap car for a season.  

Parts needed for a 1996 Legacy Outback auto:

-Driver's side headlight

-Driver's side fender (maybe, or I'll just bang out the dents...)

-Oil pan for a 2.5 (just noticed I cracked it on a rock while offloading the car)

-Driver's side mirror 

Any tips would be helpful.  It's not worth dumping much money into, I just need it to get a fresh sticker.  

Thanks!

If you don't find anything near you Norms Used Cars in Wisscasset most likely has all that. I would buy a new oil pan as they are only $40 on Amazon, maybe cheaper on ebay.

urabusturbo

I have a pair of fenders collecting dust in my barn. I might have some headlights around too but I would have to look. I would be happy to donate them to this beater for the sake of keeping it cheap. Freeport salvage is where I usually go but with all the snow we have had that would be no fun marching in there for parts.

Vecken

talk to rob at cumberland salvage, also known as bratman on here. he has helped me out a lot with tracking down parts for my beater. 

JoshP

Gabe works at Freeport I believe, which I have heard is the best/cheapest place but Ive never been there personally.  Norms is expensive

Latest posts

Back