Best tuner in New England?

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
I need to get my car tuned next month and I still haven't decided who yet. I would like to hear your opinions on who I should go with and why.

BluWRX02

well there is a place in CT called "the shop" from what I have heard on Nasioc they seem pretty damn good. They have some great guys and have had some great tunes come out of that place. Big HP numbers and seem to have no drama issues. I myself called them and they were great. Ill most likely be driving down this summer to get a new tune from them.

jcovey2.5

East Coast Swappers FTW!!! they are in Springfield MA

Paul is unbeliveable at tuning, hes absolutely one of the best in the country!

there is also XXTuning in CT who are also very good, and TDC in Concord NH but i thinnk they are closing or something

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
You may call me crazy, but an Accessport is the way to go unless you are looking for every last HP. They are very safe maps and make a ton of power. You can up-grade the car, bolt the stuff on and be ready to roll in 10 minutes. No trip to the dyno. $695.

Evan

unless you have a crazy custom setup.

xx tuning is where bill got his 575chp sti setup tuned, and for what its worth, i've heard KTR in ct. is mostly concerned with dyno queen numbers, not street driveability. that's just what the interweb tells me though.

i'd go to XX or ECS as jcovey said.

or accessport if you have bolt ons.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Ill have to check out ECS. Im way past off the shelf maps I have a lot of stuff going in. I was looking at TDC but ive heard some bad stories and xx seems pretty good but I think they might be getting alittle too big.

ralli

I know some people that have been very impressed with XX tuning, they do a great job down there. There is also DSG down in Boston, but I have no knowledge of their tuning.

patsti

NitrousFed
ecs iam not a fan off, dont go there... (gayness)

tdc I have talked to them and they know what they are doing (400-600)

xx is good but very very conservative and 3x the price of anyone else (1.5k)

dent sport is very good aswell and I have talked with them... 2x the price of tdc (looking at 1k)

I would take a road trip somewhere away from here like topfuel.

XX is one of the best around and does sick work but will sell ya crap top dollar parts and waste your time (they are all about aps shit!!!!!

I would say tdc or dent sport (tdc will make you the most power).

Carter

Administrator
I would say TDC also. The last I knew TDC was no longer, but they are going by a different name.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
I decided to go with DSG. I called them and its 500 flat rate for a dyno and tune. They also sounded like they knew there shit.

ralli

I decided to go with DSG. I called them and its 500 flat rate for a dyno and tune. They also sounded like they knew there shit.
Good choice :thumbsup: be sure to let us know all the details. They were very supportive of the open source tuning program when it was being developed.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Yea im using rom raider right now and matt was really cool when I asked him if he could tune me with it. He said that's what hes using himself.

Trevor723

ecs iam not a fan off, dont go there... (gayness)

tdc I have talked to them and they know what they are doing (400-600)

xx is good but very very conservative and 3x the price of anyone else (1.5k)

dent sport is very good aswell and I have talked with them... 2x the price of tdc (looking at 1k)

I would take a road trip somewhere away from here like topfuel.

XX is one of the best around and does sick work but will sell ya crap top dollar parts and waste your time (they are all about aps shit!!!!!

I would say tdc or dent sport (tdc will make you the most power).
KTR is an EVO DSM SHOP! they do good work.

That is the most misinformation possible in consecutive posts I think.

You'll be happy with DSG I think. I had them tune my car with the GT30. When you get there Matt will have a little chat with you about expectations, setup, car use, etc. He likes to tune on the conservative side of things, but unless you really feel like buying a new engine I'd consider that a good thing!

patsti

NitrousFed
I dont think there is any missinformantion there... Except i was wrong on ktr ( I was thinking of the shop that's off the highway in ct on the way to NYC (I thought that was ktr).

XXtuning is crazy expensive and will try to sell all aps shit (just go to there site and talk to bill or blueo2wrx or anyone else who has tuned there ) there tunes are at an hourly rate and they told me it would be well over 1k and closer to 1.5k and Christian is very conservative (almost in a bad way)

tdc is the cheapest, i know this because i shopped around (and they try to make you the most power unless you tell them to be conservative)...

and as I had said dsg does a good job (conservative) but when i talked to them told me 1k for a tune when tdc said $400 and $150 for any other map after that.

I talked to them all on the phone, in the shops, and at wbm... where is it that am I incorrect? Help me better understand this!

Latest posts

Back