Best tuner in New England?

patsti

NitrousFed
oh and why dont I like ecs??? look at jcovey's car where they put a oem 2.5ts wagon clutch on a swapped sti powertrain (and it blew almost as soon as it went in). If i recall it was at the shop where it went and he had to pay for another clutch install.

jcovey2.5

oh and why dont I like ecs??? look at jcovey's car where they put a oem 2.5rs wagon clutch on a swapped sti powertrain (and it blew almost as soon as it went in). If i recall it was at the shop where it went and he had to pay for another clutch install.
u cant base the fact that u dont like them over that. they r deff the best at what they do!

their tunes $400, slightly conservative, and add great amount of power

everyone makes mistakes. they assumed that i had a aftermarket cluth already, 2nd gear was worn down and as soon as boost kicked in the clutched sliped. so they put in an act clutch and flywheel. there was no other option cuz i was running my stock tyranny.

but the 07 STi tranny is in now, just waiting for an 07 starter. it didnt match up with flywheel. should be done this week

Trevor723

KTR does not even have a tuner.

TDC is not open I believe and doesn't have a dyno for sure. They have made posts of this nature on NASIOC and LegacyGT.com.

DSG has been $500 flat rate for a tune for well over a year at least and if you continue modding it's less for updates/retunes thereafter. My car was on the dyno for 4-5 hours easy and it was $500.

XX trying to upsell product well... who cares, their job is to make profits. They will still tune whatever you bring them, not to mention the OP will be running an APS turbo so I guess they would have no excuses on his front! Chris has left their shop as well and is doing freelance tuning. I do not know if they have hired a full time replacement or are now contracting him as an independent.

Have you really been shopping around for Subaru tuning options in the last year since you got rid of your STI? I doubt it. Obviously it's a rough go for a shop of this nature in this area, and the landscape is constantly changing.

patsti

NitrousFed
KTR does not even have a tuner.

TDC is not open I believe and doesn't have a dyno for sure. They have made posts of this nature on NASIOC and LegacyGT.com.

DSG has been $500 flat rate for a tune for well over a year at least and if you continue modding it's less for updates/retunes thereafter. My car was on the dyno for 4-5 hours easy and it was $500.

XX trying to upsell product well... who cares, their job is to make profits. They will still tune whatever you bring them, not to mention the OP will be running an APS turbo so I guess they would have no excuses on his front! Chris has left their shop as well and is doing freelance tuning. I do not know if they have hired a full time replacement or are now contracting him as an independent.

Have you really been shopping around for Subaru tuning options in the last year since you got rid of your STI? I doubt it. Obviously it's a rough go for a shop of this nature in this area, and the landscape is constantly changing.
last time I had checked tdc had a dyno... I guess things have changed recently. I haven't been shopping around for any subie stuff since I dont own one. From last summer my info was correct. But since then I haven't looked.

ECS had to remove the clutch from your old motor and put it on the new one... they would have known if it was an upgraded one or not (unless they suck, which answers the ?).

So basically he should go to dsg, as nate and I had talked about.

stiXXX

Yeah, trevor ya smartass, nice work, but my link has relevant info on TDC's all-wheel DYNO, and rate sheets, you know... the one that is posted above as "non-existent".

Evan

nice stixxx, but i think you may have missed the point. trevor is saying that the tdc page is out of date, just like the f1dyno page, and still says they have a dyno.

if you took the time to read the threads in those links you'll see the actual employees posting that they're not making enough money with the dyno and they're getting rid of it, just like f1.

as far as i can tell, trevor has posted the most informed and up to date information in this thread.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Well Dent Sport garage it is! I have an appointment for the 6th of next month after the weekend im planning on having the turbo put in. I will take plenty of pictures and videos. :pottytrain2:

stiXXX

Looks like I'll have to get to TDC b4 they dump the dyno, but it currently exists, so I plan to book it, and a protune, asap.

Latest posts

Back