Blown Turbo methinks?/Does Inski still work at Patriot?!

Dave6265

Thanks for the update Chris. I called today and the service rep informed me that he ordered a new inlet hose for the oil. Was it cracked before or did it crack during install of it? Did ya take a second to check out the actual turbo when it was out? How's it look? I have work from 6 am till 3 tommorow, so hopefully after that I can get up.. Thanks for taking the time to take care of the downpipe.. Hopefully I'll see you tommorow!

inski

It was not leaking before. It way have been weak and moving stuff around did it in. I did look at the turbo. Zero movement on the shaft, zero scrapes from the blades. Very clean inside.

Dave6265

thanks a ton chris..picked 'er up friday, she's driving great.. I think I saw you on rt. 1 just as we were on our way there, a black gti/gulf with two fogs in front?

inski

Glad its fixed for you. Its a nice bugeye. No other leaks or anything. I dont remember seeing the GTI.

I drove your car to see if all the oil remnants were gone. It was still smoking a tiny bit after 2 engine clean-ups. Should be baked off by now. I was going to show you the old rotten stuff but the clean up guy chucked it all. Just picture a rusty cracked oil tube, and brittle rubber return tube, and a heat treated coolant line, and a bunch of grubby copper washer seals. Keep on truckin.

Latest posts

Back