Boost gauge question, Bung hole on IM? Where?

brycetron

2011 STi.  EJ257.

Recently slapped in a Defi Boost gauge.  Looked what seemed like everywhere for the best place to T off of or plug into for the Vac line.  Seems like everyone just T's off whatever is the closest vac line to where they come through the firewall. I ended up T'ing off of the BOV to get it working.  I would really prefer to come right off of the Intake Manifold so the gauge has its own means of getting its data instead of piggy backing.  I did a little bit of Google searching with no real results and took a very brief peek at the intake Mani myself without removing it from the car.  Haven't found an open bung to come off of.

Hoping to get some concrete info here on where the best place to come off from is, and if there is an open bung on the Intake Mani, and if so, where it is.  

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Boost pressure in the manifold is going to be the same regardless where it's located. I just used a t off the stock bov and it reads just fine.

brycetron

Yeah. That's how everyone does it, i know. I would rather it have it's own bung. Soo, I'm gonna assume there isn't one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. You'd want a port that's capped off that you could run the vacuum hose off of.

Latest posts

Back