Borla 2.5" Exhaust sound

SoMeWRX

Hey guys,

OAKOS is doing a pretty nice $400 shipped on borla catbacks right now, im curious if anybody around here has one. I am not big on obnoxiously loud exhausts and definitely am not interested in any system that will exceed 95db (legal limit). However I do want to start modding this car.

Can anybody sound off on this (excuse the pun). Or if anyone in Portland has one and wouldnt mind meeting up id really like to get a better sense of the tone than some silly youtube videos.

Thanks

D

EvilAsPie

Our RS has borla headers, stock CAT, and Borla cat-back. The sound is nowhere near 95db. Before the headers it was a nice low rumble (different then turbo subarus), since the headers it has gotten loader, but not too bad. I also think that some of the baffling in the muffler is deteriorating as we have gotten some rattling(usually when really hot while autoxing) and slightly louder exhaust note as of late. This is a pretty used and abused cat-back.

The car is in Scarborough or south portland everyday. Let me know if you want to meet up and take a listen.

Latest posts

Back