BRZ vs. WRX vs. Other?

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
I would never buy a new car, cars are a waste of money and a poor investment. They literally depreciate when they roll off the lot. Save yourself the hassle and tackle this thought again when you can pay for it in CASH. I've never had a car payment, and I've never paid more the 10k for a car because to me they aren't worth it.

Financial concerns that you are above aside; I like the looks of the BRZ, but it's not functional for this climate. I could throw snow tires on my 'summer car' if I had to, so I'm saying go with the WRX if you NEED a new car
default_wink.png

Meyagi

I'm a hack
if you want fun and good on fuel, buy a civic and do a b18 swap and boost it. 300whp and mid 30's fuel econ.

if you want a fast and fun coupe, buy a SC300 and do a 1jz swap. factory reliabilty, a 3rd of the brz price, and a noise only a turbocharged inline 6 can give you.

new cars are one of the worst investments i can think of, other then maybe french hookers. at least you dont need to pay for maintenance on those though.

blehhh

Everyone says to never buy a new car, but then everyone says to never buy a used turbo car; so apparently everyone to ever own a turbo car is a fool one way or the other! 

If I were to do it all again, I wish I had a bought a little beater for my short commute 3 years ago and just bought an 06 STI and build the %@#$ out of it. Never even drive it until it's a finished, turn-key racecar lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Bub, the only reason you are getting these answers are because we all have been there, and been seduced by the new car smell.  Only to wake up the next year with a used car and a new car payment when we could be doing something fun with the $$ we are sending away every month.  If you really are intent on this, buy a used WRX for shits sake don't buy a new one just to PILE on miles.

But still buy something older (cheap) and fun to drive for summer and keep the forester for winter.  That is the smart way to go about being financially stupid with cars. None of us would be here if we weren't just a bit stupid with money.  Otherwise we would all be driving honda insights or prius.

cwiggin

If you want practical car for mileage and traveling, go buy a used vw TDI, those get wicked good mileage . Save the new car till after college when you got a good job or whatever

Latest posts

Back