Burke Hillclimb recap

HR radness

His royal radness
I entered the Burke Hillclimb last weekend and had a great time. It was my second hillclimb event and was a much longer course, 2.3 miles as opposed to just 1 at Mt. Philo. The first section is very open and pretty much a drag race. I erred on the side of caution and lifted early when I was in doubt since my wagon is my daily driver and if I wreck it I will have no place to sleep since momma told me to not bother coming home:) Saturday was rain all day and a bit slippy, Sunday dried out a bit until the end of the day, both days were called early due to weather. I was happy to just get through uscathed, a bugeye sedan wasnt so lucky. He blew a tire on corner on turn 11 and went into the trees. If you look in the video you can see the wreck.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I <3 HR radness.

Don't worry, once I finish building up my stupid toilet car, I'll be out there giving you a run for your money
default_wink.png

HR radness

His royal radness
Thanks to everyone for all their help with questions on pavement goodness and kind words, next one for me is Okemo in August.

Yes Pete, they are very used Yoko R-comps which were VERY good in the wet and had plenty of grip for how I was pushing them (not much)

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
way to keep 'er 'twixt the trees, Rad!
default_additional_thumbsup.gif

PS--those tires were well used back when I first bought em (ex-Antonio gummies)...they have done yeoman duty for 5 maybe 6 owners now!

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
... used Yoko R-comps which were VERY good in the wet and had plenty of grip for how I was pushing them (not much)
you were cookin pretty good in the straighter sections, and did I see that the slower/caution sections were marked with cones? looked like you got turned in a lil late in a couple of the medium speed left-handers, but that might have been a result of off-center camera position. often times ppl go a little deeper into left-hand bends waiting til they can "see round the turn" which just means you get turned in late. (I learnt about this by getting crashed in the Clearwater Evo at Black Bear Rally a couple years back)

Burke course would be a forkin triple hoot in a proper rally car with a good codriver.

Last edited by a moderator:

HR radness

His royal radness
you were cookin pretty good in the straighter sections, and did I see that the slower/caution sections were marked with cones? looked like you got turned in a lil late in a couple of the medium speed left-handers, but that might have been a result of off-center camera position. often times ppl go a little deeper into left-hand bends waiting til they can "see round the turn" which just means you get turned in late. (I learnt about this by getting crashed in the Clearwater Evo at Black Bear Rally a couple years back)

Burke course would be a forkin triple hoot in a proper rally car with a good codriver.
The caution cones were for the wrecked bugeye that the big trees ate after he blew a tire. I know I could have made a lot more time up but without a cage I chose the Uber-conservative route. I need lessons from Yoshi Dorifto it seems:)

Latest posts

Back