C. Diff - settings???

ianwaldecker

Hey all,

I'm new here and recently purchased a used '05 STi.. but I've been following the STi since it came ashore. One thing I can't find anywhere is an exact explanation of the settings on the Center Differential. I know what it is for, but I don't know how the power changes when I take it out of AUTO.

Could someone please give me a brief explanation of: AUTO, LOCK, and the 4 settings that light up below LOCK.

Thanks,

~Ian

S

silver bqqst.

DCCD uses an electronically managed transfer clutch with a planetary gear-type center differential to control power distribution between the front and rear wheels. Normally, DCCD splits power 41% front and 59% rear. Sensors monitor parameters such as wheel slippage, steering angle, throttle position and braking to help determine torque distribution to the wheels with optimum traction. DCCD also uses a helical-type limited-slip front differential and mechanical limited-slip rear differential.

When you activate DCCD to manual mode, the driver determines what the torque split percentiage will be. Up to 35% / 65% in both directions respectively. DCCD will be most effective when left in auto mode.

Be careful manual mode on dry pavement can and will damage your planetary.

Cliff notes;

Use DCCD in auto all the time.

Use DCCD manual to do cookies in the snow

ianwaldecker

Thanks for the info! Just to make sure I get it:

Auto: the system adjusts itself

Lock: 50/50

O

o

o

o

o: 35/65 (front/rear)

Is this correct?

Thanks again.

Evan

Thanks for the info! Just to make sure I get it:

Auto: the system adjusts itself

Lock: 50/50

O

o

o

o

o: 35/65 (front/rear)

Is this correct?

Thanks again.
yes, where the top 'o' would be 65/35 split.

Latest posts

Back