can you tune a 1.8 ecu ? if so whats the best way ?

kblood477

i got a 95 1.8 ecu running a 99 2.5 . its lurchy and has an awkward power band and it stalls when its cold is there anyway i can fix this stuff with a tune or piggy back or???

Ray

The Northernah'
its a swapped 95 impreza outback with a 99 DOHC 2.5, originaly had the 1.8 in it

Iboc_C64

Wouldn't you need the ECU and Wiring harness from the 99 2.5 as well? Surprised the plugs even matched.

kblood477

because the car originally had a 1.8 in it i swapped in the 2.5 . the car runs . all the plugs matched and it runs pretty good i was just wonering the the 1.8 ecu had the ability to o a plug in tuner type thing or if i would just be better off buying a 2.5 ecu then getting a piggy back for more power

Matt

id get a 2.5 ecu and crawford performance is making reflashs thatll get you 30 hp with supporting mods....my plan for this spring

Matt

RS Reflash PRICE DROP! - Now $329.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys-

Some recent revelations have allowed us to drop the price of our infamous RS Reflash for your 99-02 RS from $399 to $329!

If you're not familiar with the RS Reflash, it's close to your only option for tuning the ECU of your beloved 99-02 RS. We have 4 flashes based on your modifications:

SRS-10: 6500 rev-limit / horsepower gains of 5-10 and torque gains of 5-10 over stock.

For a completely stock RS.

SRS-19: 6500 rev-limit / horsepower gains of 10-15 and torque gains of 10-15 over stock / for use with CA 91-octane or HIGHER. Car must have the following modifications:

Headers

High-flow cat

Torque box

3" intake

SRS-20: 6500 rev-limit / horsepower gains of 15-20 and torque gains of 15-20 over stock / for use with CA 91-octane or HIGHER. Car must have the following modifications:

Headers

CATLESS exhaust

Torque box

3" intake

SRS-30: 6900 rev-limit / horespower gains of 25-30 and torque gains of 15-30 over stock / for use with CA 91-octane or HIGHER. Car must have the following modifications:

Cams (Delta, Street, other)

Headers

High flow OR catless exhaust

Torque Box

3" Intake

You have two options when paying for the reflash:

$329: Send us your core, we flash it and send it back

$529: Pay a $200 core fee and we send you a flashed ECU. Once you install the new ECU, you send us back your stock ECU, and we will refund your $200.

Here is the link to the page where you can find the different flash options:

Crawford Performance

Let us know if you have any questions!

Crawford Performance

www.crawfordperformance.com

Follow us on Twitter!

Matt

its over on rs25.com under the vendor announcements.....id think 30 hp is as good as a turbo swap/build for the rs guys and your not limited to 5 psi and worry about going boom if you hit 7psi!!!!

Iboc_C64

They go boom with just 7 PSI? Are the WRX and STI engines really that much stronger? Everyone tells me that my old grand am is a piece of crap (which I pretty much agree with), but I had a list of guys that ran turbos and superchargers on them. With zero mods they could get 9 PSI on to an engine that was originally NA and its only a 2.4L engine. The guys who were willing to risk it got up to 13 psi, some with mods to strenthen the heads and block and some without mods aside from the supercharger. That was an Oldsmobile/General Motors LD9 2.4L Twin Cam.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
They go boom with just 7 PSI? Are the WRX and STI engines really that much stronger? Everyone tells me that my old grand am is a piece of crap (which I pretty much agree with), but I had a list of guys that ran turbos and superchargers on them. With zero mods they could get 9 PSI on to an engine that was originally NA and its only a 2.4L engine. The guys who were willing to risk it got up to 13 psi, some with mods to strenthen the heads and block and some without mods aside from the supercharger. That was an Oldsmobile/General Motors LD9 2.4L Twin Cam.
Open deck vs close deck. Designs are different.

Matt

probably not but you can always ask them, theres an open topic on rs25 under the vendor announcements and they seem to respond very quick.

Latest posts

Back