Cancelling an extended warranty

widowmaker

Anyone have experience with this? I discovered that my extended warranty (which was only for powertrain) is void. Is it a pain to cancel this kind of service contract?

widowmaker

car was sold to me by the dealership with a retuned ECU (non-stock tune). confirmed with the contract issuer last night that it does in fact void my powertrain warranty.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Bummer.

Modding late-model cars is a total minefield of owners wanting more oomph, dealers wanting to cover their asszez, and extended warranty providers happy to step out of their responsibilities for some pretty lame reasons.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Why did they sell you the warranty if itwouldnt help you at all. I'd be recouping the entire amount of the cost for the service

widowmaker

Bummer.

Modding late-model cars is a total minefield of owners wanting more oomph, dealers wanting to cover their asszez, and extended warranty providers happy to step out of their responsibilities for some pretty lame reasons.
Yeah. Good news is all the mechanical stuff checks out fine on the vehicle. The dealership is refunding the warrenty no problems, turned out to be fairly painless.

I guess I can start my own mods now with less concern about voiding my non-existent warranty.
default_smile.png

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Yeah. Good news is all the mechanical stuff checks out fine on the vehicle. The dealership is refunding the warrenty no problems, turned out to be fairly painless.

I guess I can start my own mods now with less concern about voiding my non-existent warranty.
default_smile.png
no guilt, then!

good that dlrship ret'd your warranty $$$.

Iboc_C64

You know you probably could have flashed it back to stock and nobody would have been the wiser, that is unless it was sold to you with aftermarket tuning parts. If it was not sold with parts, but was re-tuned, you got to wonder why and if it was in fact tuned for parts that are no longer on the vehicle, which could be bad for the car if it is no longer running the parts it was tuned for. The dealerships would usually have changed it back to stock and re-flashed it if it was being sold as stock, unless it was sold as is.

Last edited by a moderator:

widowmaker

You know you probably could have flashed it back to stock and nobody would have been the wiser, that is unless it was sold to you with aftermarket tuning parts. If it was not sold with parts, but was re-tuned, you got to wonder why and if it was in fact tuned for parts that are no longer on the vehicle, which could be bad for the car if it is no longer running the parts it was tuned for. The dealerships would usually have changed it back to stock and re-flashed it if it was being sold as stock, unless it was sold as is.
yeah, it was sold as stock. asked the salesperson multiple times, checked all the records I could at time of purchase. the last thing I thought to do was check the tune on the car.

(I've learned quite a bit through people on here since then about buying used so this kind of BS won't be happening in the future)

Iboc_C64

You wanna PM me with the name of that Dealer too? I could guess, but I probably have about a 1 in 3 chance of being right.
default_unsure.png

Latest posts

Back