Candied Cams

Runnah

Oh let me get this out right away. I have no intention of doing this any time in the near future! This is just a feeler question!!!

Ok I found these on Rallitek.com

http://www.rallitek.com/products.asp?ID=601&PP=Y&HB=&ACC=&SP=

I heard about these from LDR on my last post.

The questions:

It says its an "easy" install but that seems to be a lie to me. How hard are we talking about? Open heart surgery or a endroscopic surgery and a few stiches?

What are the benifits to this?

Would it even be worth it for a DD and an average rally-x'er?

Anything else you can add would be helpful.

Thanks

(anyone who laughs at my incredibly witty title, gets five karma points!)

mikebike357

I think the difficulty rating is EASY because you just fork out extra $$ to have someone do it. Cams are about the only thing left for me to do to teh Forester... but since it's beyond my DIY ability, I doubt I will.

gearsoup

Cams are an easy thing to do on a SOHC subie. Especially the ones with a roller rocker set-up such as mine and yours. The car would be down for the better part of an afternoon. (less than 6 hours, easy)

Rightseat

so seth--

are the new cams actually better, or just dirrerent. for rally/rallyX you want fat low and midrange, which is exactly what stock cams are good at. most aftermarket camsgo for higher-end gains and there's usually some tradeoff of low end, not the best for gravel fun IMHO. we have kept stockers on the LDR cars to race with for just that reason

DG

Runnah

so seth--

are the new cams actually better, or just dirrerent. for rally/rallyX you want fat low and midrange, which is exactly what stock cams are good at. most aftermarket camsgo for higher-end gains and there's usually some tradeoff of low end, not the best for gravel fun IMHO. we have kept stockers on the LDR cars to race with for just that reason

DG

that's what I wanted to know.

gearsoup

Well, I'll let this pic speak for itself. ;D

i=wMTA0Njg3OTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

Taken this past fall at F1 Dyno. Only other mods on the car are lightweight pulleys, and a mild port an polish

Latest posts

Back