Car Audio Intaller advice please

Boynton4

Hey Guys, I just picked up a new Alpine amp and Polk sub, and was hoping someone could direct me to a reputable Car Audio installer. I had Sound Effects from Lewiston install my 4 Polk door speakers, and a 4 channel Alpine amp. I honestly wasnt that impressed with install work or the price, and ended up going back and getting my money back for the rear door speaker install.

While searching through Google for car audio shops I noticed Jam Audio in Brunswick, and Creative Sounds and Radio Communications, both of those are located in Waterville. Does anyone have any input on any of those 3 shops. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your time and help

Last edited by a moderator:

Boynton4

Hopefully I wont offend him, if he works for the Lewiston Car Audio shop
default_wink.png

Matt

if your going to drive to brunswick you might as well take the extra 20 minutes and come to portland area, i know the guy that owns new england hi fi, seems to do good work. I grew up in waterville and i know creative sounds has been there forever....there obviously doing something right. Any reason why you couldn't do it yourself....its really just running wires and making the right connections...im no audio guy but can it be really that hard?

Boynton4

i Any reason why you couldn't do it yourself....its really just running wires and making the right connections...im no audio guy but can it be really that hard?
I guess I could try.. but after dropping the money on a high quality sub and amp.. i'd hate to have it sound bad because of my inexperienced install. I dont really understand the... high pass.. low pass.. setting gain.. sending the right signals to the sub.. blah. Maybe with some help..! I've installed and wired headunits and door speakers, but never amps or subs.

Matt

yea i see your point....be kinda ****ty to hook something up wrong and fry something....we had a kid at the shop hook up a battery in a toyota backwards and it fried every fuse and killed the instrument panel as well as radio and interior lights....it was a mess

i-wagon

i'd offer to do the install for you, but you mentioned the word "professional". i've done 4 of my own systems, the one i have now sounding the best.

Latest posts

Back