Car gone..thanks for all your support

BoardDad

Call Subaru, give them the VIN and they will have records on the car if it ever saw the dealer. Sounds like maybe not, but I got a lot of info about mine when I called rhem

Iboc_C64

That sucks man (not the car, needing to get rid of it). Looks like its more of a track monster or show car rather than a Daily Driver. Hope all works out.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
sounds like what you got is a daily tuner not a daily driver. just think how many trips the car has had to the shop already getting all those mods done...and the future is unlikely to be much different. more mods introduce more potential engineering/mechanical/electrical probs down the line....well I hope you get the idea.

if money is tight for you now, just wait till you try to travel long distances in a heavily modded car like that...hope your AAA Plus is paid up so tow charges alone wont kill ya.

there are a number of members on here who have gone down this road. sure they've had fun along the way, but their wallets have paid dearly for the privilege. you mention you don't have time to 'tinker' with the car yourself...how do you propose to deal with the downtime and expense of having somebody else 1) get it to run right in the first place and 2) keep it running right.

please note, am not dumping on you or your car in particular...but the concept of daily-drivin a much used, much modded WRX is one fraught with expensive 'adventures.'

Last edited by a moderator:

Iboc_C64

It would probably make good drag runs though, and look good doing it. Or make good laps on a looping track. But with that body kit, it pretty much negates the WRX from doing anything that it was originally designed for as a daily driver, except maybe traveling on the highway because you don't need to stop or slow down often. I wouldn't even think about taking your car down any dirt roads if I were you though, that fiberglass bumper would likely crack and splinter. Definately not made with New-England winters in mind. Sorry to tell you man. However, these cars can sell for rediculous amounts to the right buyer who has a plan for them, and money to blow on it.

WRwagon

Yeah that looks like too much of a second car. Not good to daily drive it, especially on trips.

Quick Q though, how did you get that car with only 49k if money's tight? Or did money become tight after? I mean, here's how I see it: If you are going to want that car down the road...like, if you're ever going to want to drive that type of car with all the mods...you're going to lose an DONKEY ton of money selling it and then buying something similar down the road (or worse, starting with a stock one and gettin all the parts and work). Maybe you could shelve the car for a bit, borrow money and get a beater until you have the proper time and money for the WRX?

Baadboytony

Well, money was tight to start with, but i figured for the price i paid for the mileage on the car...i could not go wrong.

The car will be heading to PA soon. But winters there can be real bad too.

The car does scream. From what I hear, it just needs a tune to make it run good again. Even with the boost all the way down..it flys.

Last edited by a moderator:

GClark

Trade for a OBS that can defiantly take a PA winter?
default_smile.png

jcovey2.5

You really just need a good tune and it will work out the bugs, but that's going to cost some money...

Other than that i would be worried about the abuse the body kit will take during the winter

Baadboytony

You really just need a good tune and it will work out the bugs, but that's going to cost some money...

Other than that i would be worried about the abuse the body kit will take during the winter

If i keep it i will go back to orginal body kit later..so this one can get trashed.

as far as the Tune: Bren wants to put in different injectors..but if im going that route

Im looking to make it more friendly to work on.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Trade it for my legacy, that took a beating and loved it last winter in PA.... haha.

Latest posts

Back