CEL from new exhaust

XDIRTYX

so my cel traction contral light are on and mt cruise light is blinking one and off in one sec intervals. any ideas? i installed a cobb turbo-back btw
default_biggrin.png
im sure an ap would fix everything
default_smile.png

Nate

Founding Father
please tell me you're not running a turbo back exhaust without a tune....

sounds to me like you went out for a ride and hit boost cut... did it come on after a good romping followed by a sudden jerking of the car?

do yourself a favor..... until you have a tune. put your stock DP on.

XDIRTYX

no tune, it came on after about 50 miles at cruise about 3k rpm. i ran wot a few times before this happened and it ran normal

GClark

my check engine light is on and the cruise control blinks too. Did you but the rear o2 sensor back in? that's why mines is on.

XDIRTYX

default_redface.gif
ok so my gas cap wasnt on right
default_biggrin.png
and i disconected my battery so it cleared all the cel's. ill find out on the way to work tomorrow if all is well.

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
default_redface.gif
ok so my gas cap wasnt on right
default_biggrin.png
and i disconected my battery so it cleared all the cel's. ill find out on the way to work tomorrow if all is well.
you probably hit boost cut. having a different downpipe will cause you to overspool. it's bound to happen again. PM sent.

-----Added 8/30/2009 at 04:00:53-----

THIS.
09s are blowing engines stock. If you have issues now you may have very well f'd yourself and your warrantee. Check this thread out:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1695936
this is only something to be concerned about if the build date on the door of the car is less than 10/08
default_biggrin.png

brighton

Rally Fluffer
please tell me you're not running a turbo back exhaust without a tune....
sounds to me like you went out for a ride and hit boost cut... did it come on after a good romping followed by a sudden jerking of the car?

do yourself a favor..... until you have a tune. put your stock DP on.

+1 please please get some E.M. Soon I waiting a month until I found a good deal on a AP before I put on my t-back. There was a guy selling one on here . All you need is an ap-sub-003 from any site I got my from legacygt.com

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Why do people not understand? Its very simple no downpipe without a tune. Take it off or dont drive it unless you get a reflash.

XDIRTYX

just a reset, i dont think it was an overboost related issue. i was at 50mph in 5th when it came on. i may just buy an ap tomorrow. also ive never seen anyone post anything about no down pipe w/o tune. that is new to me. build date is 04/09. thanks for all the info guys

Nate

Founding Father
its ok. we are just trying to look out for you. by adding the down pipe you are opening up a lot of free flowing area for the turbo to dump into. you need to tune correctly for the turbo to compensate for it. plainly put its just not safe. if you plan on keeping the downpipe on till you get tune, STAY OUT OF ANY SORT OF BOOST. with a boost gauge it would be easier to see, but really baby it. basically it shouldnt be any fun to drive it right now.

but once you make the investment to tune. stage 2 is a whole new ball-o-wax. the car will really come alive.

burtonrider

you have to remeber people that some people do know know cause no one ever told them so if someone does do this they did not know

brighton

Rally Fluffer
you have to remeber people that some people do know know cause no one ever told them so if someone does do this they did not know
I know I type some weird things from my iPhone sometimes. But please

tell me you were drunk when you typed this above.?.?

Latest posts

Back