Cel on

roadtrip1098

Why not do an OS tune to get rid of the CEL permanently? Sorry if that's a noob question, but when I went catless on my 08 WRX that's what I did and it was perfectly fine.

Jamey

Why not do an OS tune to get rid of the CEL permanently? Sorry if that's a noob question, but when I went catless on my 08 WRX that's what I did and it was perfectly fine.
a what ? Lol think more noob then u lol
I got my o2 spacer today goin to install and clear code and see what happens

roadtrip1098

a what ? Lol think more noob then u lol

I got my o2 spacer today goin to install and clear code and see what happens
Someone with a Tactrix cable should be able to plug into your car, download your ECU's map, then edit the map to get rid of the CEL permanently then re-upload the map to your ECU. At the same time they may be able to tweak your tune to get a few more MPG's, higher redline, and a bit more power.

roadtrip1098

That's the beauty of open source, all you have to do is find someone that's got the cable and a few minutes to plug in and make a the changes. You can easily gain a few HP, sharpen the throttle, raise redline and all that without needing a dyno. I would gladly help someone out with something like that no charge. Subaru owners aren't just enthusiasts, we're a community.

Jamey

well a update.installed the 02 spacer. it didnt work so i guess a tune is only way to go. damn new cars with this emissions crap.. right now i got the ol' tape over the lights for the flashing cruise light was driving me nuts.. so anyone have any place that will do the tune that wont cost me a million bucks?

Jamey

Granit state will do it. But I need a cable he wants me to send him my ROM image anyone help me out with that ?

inski

What is the actual code you're getting now?  Should be a "P" and a number.  The one you posted before usually diagnoses out (by the factory manual) to a bad FRONT 02/AF sensor despite what the code title/description says.  I've seen it on a couple Outbacks, never on an Impreza.  Been bitten by that one before.

Usually it takes a long time for the car to determine the cat or AF ratio is out of range.  It takes a lot less time for the car to figure out theres a bad sensor.  How long until the code came back after the spacer was installed?  Miles?

Have you ever done spark plugs or the coil?  Any other codes?

i-wagon

I forget the number, but it came out to post cat too lean. Didn't do it until a couple days after I worked on it

Jamey

2096 was first code cleared it put 90 elbow spacer got the low voltage think was po420 put a normal spacer ran about 30-40 miles came back on not sure code yet , the o2 was rubbing the subframe so they prob ruined it .. If same code just putting back no spacer and getting her tuned next week done playing games .. Stupid emmisions

scubiecraig

Sorry to hear all of your problems Jamey.  I've had no cel's since Matt did the work on my car.  I think to this day, he hasn't had issues either, and he did his way before mine.  I am thinking it may be the catless setup you are running.  Everything on my exhaust is stock except the actual muffler.  

Jamey

Oh I'm not blaming Matt he did a awesome job it's a newer car more emission crap ill get it fixed already talked to granite he goin do a tune might get few more ponies out it
default_smile.png

And I have a pretty free flowing exhaust too which I'm sure don't help

Last edited by a moderator:

scubiecraig

And I wasn't trying to point fingers at Matt either.  He did an excellent job on mine as well!

Good luck with the tune.  Hope it sorts stuff out for ya!

i-wagon

Sorry to hear all of your problems Jamey. I've had no cel's since Matt did the work on my car. I think to this day, he hasn't had issues either, and he did his way before mine. I am thinking it may be the catless setup you are running. Everything on my exhaust is stock except the actual muffler.
With the wrx header you're missing one of two cats, mine runs rich at startup, do I have no idea why his would be so lean to throw a code

Latest posts

Back