CEL #P0500 & P1100

Redline

On my way up to Concord, NH today - my speedometer decided to stop working. Shortly after, the CEL came on and the two codes it gave were:

P0500:

Vehicle Speed Sensor Malfunction

P1100:

Starter Switch Circuit Malfunction

My first thought is it's simply a Speedometer issue. But I'm confused by the P1100 code. Common sense says to get the P0500 code cleared up first, then see if the other vanishes with it - which is very possible.

Anyone have any input on this?

Redline

Oh, and the problem is also retarding my rev limiter, so I can't go past 4500rpm right now. Everything I read says this goes hand-in-hand with the P1100.

internalcombust

Someone else just started the exact same thread. They replaced a few parts only to find it was the cable itself that was broken. Good luck. Keep us updated.

topdeeni

oh wow that is bitter... it is nice that car makers are building in so many failsafes to prevent cars from imploding on themselvs so to speak.... Someone should tell them we don't all need to plan trips to mars...

Hope everything werx out for U with UR car and it is a very simple fixx....

Redline

Someone else just started the exact same thread. They replaced a few parts only to find it was the cable itself that was broken. Good luck. Keep us updated.
Where's the other thread? I posted a separate question to see if anyone knew if it was an actual CABLE or if it was some electronic assembly. Other than that thread, I can't find anything related to this on the site.

Latest posts

Back