Chris's donated 2.5 finally let go

KamB

Kam Berry
So a little while back Chris gave me a 2.5 shortblock and sold me some 2.2 heads. I slapped it together and put it in the impreza. Ran kinda great, didn't burn much oil, knock wasnt crazy... Ok, well the price was right.

It went for a little while. Ran lean as hell (lean is mean) but I didn't care. It went for many many miles, hauled me at 85 down the turnpike to wells 100 miles a day for a few weeks. Saw a ton of rallying, 2 headers broken off, bent crossmember and radiator support type of thrashing.

A little while back some gangster with a carful of punks tried to race me. I wasn't havin it. Was shifting off the rev limiter, wound right up. Blew by them like crazy. Thennn the motor started letting go. I don't know the order. But, the block cracked between cylinder and coolant passage, piston broke apart, connecting rod broke, valve snapped off and something blew out the top of the block, and it spun a rod bearing. Best part? It never shut off. I shut it off. After holding it to the carpet to keep it running while I sorted change to pay a toll. (Turnpike) I went down the pike to Westbrook and parked in that big park n ride, and then let it shut off. Pretty awesome. You can see the chunks of piston are all rounded off.
avyna4ur.jpg
da6uhu6u.jpg

JoshP

Wow I had something very similar happen to me with a 2.2/2.5 years ago.. We had to keep push starting the thing tho, made it about 15 miles.. How far did you drive it? 

KamB

Kam Berry
Wow I had something very similar happen to me with a 2.2/2.5 years ago.. We had to keep push starting the thing tho, made it about 15 miles.. How far did you drive it?
Mine stalled once when I pushed in the clutch grabbed a gear and it jump started again lol

Idk only about 5. It was blowing oil out of the exhaust and straight up out of the motor hahahah

Latest posts

Back