Cleaned MAF sensor + Seafoamed

Ryan

Well I just wanted to share my excitement lol. I haven't seafoamed the WRX in AWHILE so I decided to today. While I was at it, I decided why not, might as well clean the MAF sensor too. After doing both of these, WOW! car feels just so much smoother
default_smile.png
and healthier haha.

Go do this to yours NOW!!!

Tyler

It's like $8 for a can. Use 1/3 in your motor, 1/3 in your oil, and the rest in your gas ... or at least that's what I do! I've used it a bunch and it seems to help. It cleans out all the built up carbon and makes a fun little smoke show
default_additional_party.gif

I've used it in a ****ty running lawnmower and it worked GREAT!

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
you put it in your OIL? that seems like a really horrible idea. what the hell is this stuff?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
so does STP oil treatment!

so where do all of these contaminants go when you "cleanse" them? do they get sucked up in the cat?

Tyler

so does STP oil treatment!
so where do all of these contaminants go when you "cleanse" them? do they get sucked up in the cat?
They go out the exhaust, hence the smoke that comes out
I don't know ... it just works okay?
default_frown.gif

Ryan

I <3 Seafoam

How do you put yours in?
I put it through the BPV vacuum hose.

1/3 in BPV hose, 1/3 in gas. I have never tried it in the oil. Over on NASIOC, they recommend that you only use it in the oil within 300-500 miles of your next oil change. Since it cleans out all the junk in there, you don't want all that junk circulating around for too long. I might put the rest in before my next oil change.

IT'S AWESOME STUFF !!!! Love the white smoke it makes haha

Tyler

Over on NASIOC, they recommend that you only use it in the oil within 300-500 miles of your next oil change. Since it cleans out all the junk in there, you don't want all that junk circulating around for too long.
Yeah, forgot to mention that!

Ty Ty

I use Seafoam on RallyJeep every couple of oilchanges. 1/3 into the intake through the brake booster line, 1/3 into the fuel, and the rest in the crankcase. After sucking the 3rd through the intake, I shut it off for 15 minutes or (enough time for a job well done beer) then it's time for a drive to smoke out the town. Then I go home and change the oil.

dirtbikeridr12

boost junkie
at the last link on the previous page for the seafoam website they said 30-100 miles MAX before you change the oil. my guess is that's because deposites in your engine that are released could plug your oil filter or somethin...not sure just a guess but they did say a MAX of 100 miles, not the 3-500 that someone said they saw on NASIOC..

Kristof

Banned
or a group drive through nh
default_additional_spin.gif
without mini vans in the dam road. i want to run for state senate so i can pass a bill banning suv's and mini vans as well as select cadillacs and buicks from certain roads

Latest posts

Back