Clicking noise

Patrick

Hey everyone I just got back from afghanistan and my STI has been sitting for almost a year, when I drove my car for the first time a few days ago I noticed a loud clicking noise that got faster as the rpm's went up on the engine, I know boxer engines normally make a slight clicking noise cause I remember having my hood open and my engine running a few times but now its really loud. Could it be the lifters maybe, that's what it sounds like, it seems to be comming underneath the intake manifold somewhere i think. I am not even sure if boxer engines have lifters. I use to be a muscle car guy and when I heard the noise lifters was the first thing that came to mind. What do I do to fix this???

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
If you haven't already, do an oil change. Good chance that'll clear it up.

And welcome back!! I'm glad you're well. Thank you for serving the country and keeping us all safe
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Patrick

Bent valves
default_additional_punch.gif
epic fail, the proper repairs were never done after i was in an accident last year, the timing belt ripped off in the accident.

diabloadsit

could also be your injectors. that make a slight click noise. If you have aftermarket ones then it is pretty good chance that is it. Also, sometimes you can hear the Boost solnoid click. Some are louder than others. Like the Prodive and the new Grimspeeds are well known to click.

Latest posts

Back