Clogged valve stem???

Geist

???

So i decided to check out my tire pressure, and alas, they were all a little lower than I would like to see them...

however the rear driver's side wouldn't make my little tire pressure gauge go any further than 4-5psi... though obviously has more in it, it's not flat...

it is however lower than it should be...

so wtf? Any way to clear it out w/o damaging or having to re-mount the tire? (I'm broke)

R

redlinerally

And you're certain that the guage is working correctly? There's a valve repair kit that you can buy at your local parts store. Though, I'm not sure if you have to go in from the rim or the outside...

J

junkyardgabe

just get a stem needle puller and spin the needle out spray a little w-d on it and reinstall it that should help

the stem tool should only be a couple dollars at any parts stores

Geist

fairly certain the gauge is working correctly, it registered 30psi on all the other wheels, but only like 4-5 on that one..

seph

just get a stem needle puller and spin the needle out spray a little w-d on it and reinstall it that should help

the stem tool should only be a couple dollars at any parts stores
+1

internalcombust

+1 on what Gabe said. Done it it works. When you buy a valve core remover (like two bucks) buy new valve stem insert and change it while you are there. Won't cost you much at all.

Geist

i bought the "kit" and it came with a few cores. all for $3.99 at advance auto in bangor
yeah that's what I just did, we're styling now.

thanks guys.

/thread.

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Latest posts

Back