Clutch??? (Different from Lobstah)

Geist

So I believe my clutch is going a little prematurely???

I honestly don't beat on my car very often at all, definitley not enough to merit it slipping @ LOVING 35,500 miles.

I tried giving her the juice from a stop today, and my revs bounced around a bit, I didn't go anywhere though, and then the lovely burnt marshmallow smell...

the previous owner had if for a whopping 9,300 miles before he traded it in for a '06 (right around the new body style introduction)

Maybe he decided he'd kick the shit out of it first???

That's something that def ought to be covered by my warranty, right?

Hope so, I dunno if maybe the clutch was just too warm, or whatever? Who knows..

Any input appreciated.

R

redlinerally

I've heard the clutches are a 35-45k mile wearable item. However, that seems low to me. Since you have an STI, I'd assume yours would wear out quicker due to the power?? Just throwing out some thoughts...

Geist

I lied, it's just because the clutch was hot as hell from shifting a lot... (i think)

because I was trying to explain it to my gf, but it's been grabbing perfect since I originally bitched...

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Just so you know, Good luck getting a clutch on an STI warranteed. Wear item. Not covered. And for the record, every single STI that comes in here has been babied, never driven hard, never launched. That's a good one!
default_biggrin.png

Runnah

Just so you know, Good luck getting a clutch on an STI warranteed. Wear item. Not covered. And for the record, every single STI that comes in here has been babied, never driven hard, never launched. That's a good one!
default_biggrin.png
I know if I had an STI I'd never even hit boost I'd baby it so much.
default_biggrin.png

Geist

They've already replaced my brake pads under warranty, bro. Those are wear n' tear too.... yeh?

And I didn't say I baby it, I just don't like LAUNCH the thing or anything like that.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
They've already replaced my brake pads under warranty, bro. Those are wear n' tear too.... yeh?

And I didn't say I baby it, I just don't like LAUNCH the thing or anything like that.
Yeah, I was being kinda mouthy. Brake pads we do, clutch on an STI, no. Sorry.

Rightseat

Had a similar situation a while back....

1994 L 4-door, since 2003 only operated by an older gent on occasional weekends of forest road driving. rest of time car is garaged and treated to obsessive maintenance.

If this statement is true (and it IS) then why does the car need a clutch rated to 300 whp??? ??? >
default_biggrin.png

Rightseat

the story shows to go ya that the truth can help tell Big Fibs if you're um, creative about it.

shameless thread-jaclk: ppl often tell how they think that car dealers are big tale-spinners, but I bet car dealers hear more bullsheet in one day on the lot than most of us do in a month!

"...my transmission fell out on the way to church...."

"the brakes wore out in 15k miles with no ussage..."

"...my STI jut flew into the puckerbrush all by itself, honest!..."

etc etc

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
When I first got into the car biz, an old-timer said to me, "the biggest liars in the car buisness are the customers".

Geist

Yeah, I was being kinda mouthy. Brake pads we do, clutch on an STI, no. Sorry.
Z'all good..

I don't get it though, how come brake pads are covered but something like a clutch isn't? Kinda weird...

I guess I can see why, but I dunno, seems weird...

All in all, though my clutch is fine lol, so /thread ? :
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back