Clutch Job On 06 2.5i Wagon

Rallytech14

Hey guys, a friend of mine approached me asking if id do a clutch for him on his 06 impreza wagon. I have had the motor out on my 02 wrx before, so I figured it was a job I could handle. Save him some money by doing it instead of him taking it to a shop, and make some extra cash on the side

I looked it up on all data, the book time is 7.4 hr and it says to pull the transmission. how hard of a job is this?

Thanks!

-Zach

SUBARUDE

Pretty simple if you have pulled your motor before then this ain't anymore difficult then that

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Only pull the tranny if you have a lift. Pull the motor if you are doing it all on the ground. It's not that bad of a job at all.

Rallytech14

Thanks guys, I was wondering that. Because my first assumption was id pull the motor, then all data said to pull the tranny. I will be doing it on jack stands, no lift

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
I've done trans out both with and without a lift. I can do it in 3 hours with a lift, but it took me a few nights in February on stands. Royally sucks using a regular jack instead of a transmission jack...

I've never pulled my motor out, so I wouldn't know. General rune of thumb like Bratman says is motor out unless you have a lift.

Can't think of anything that would be convenient to upgrade while you're already in there except for maybe motor mounts.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
yeah I did the transmission in my BRAT on the ground and I took me 8 hours. It typically took me 2-2.5 hours by myself on the lift. It will be a lot quicker and easier to pull the motor, and that's even if you use pipe staging and a come along like I do.

Latest posts

Back