COBB v331 final map versions released 5 logs included

inelement207

Did 5 3rd gear pulls today following reflash. New to logging just got V2!. NO knock found! appears to be a good match.

2010 WRX stock with turboXS CBE
Stage 1 91 MT v331
65 F 95 humidity 91 octane

16.9 highest Boost with small boost error correction mostly 16.something overall

Datalog1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B10jClJTSZ9AQV9SakRQaUVZYm8/edit?usp=sharing

Datalog2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B10jClJTSZ9AaGFNeEVOOWJ6YkE/edit?usp=sharing

Datalog3
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B10jClJTSZ9AbDJ1Y3RXaV94OEE/edit?usp=sharing

Datalog4
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B10jClJTSZ9AZWZjUWVQYXlYY2M/edit?usp=sharing

Datalog5
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B10jClJTSZ9AQ3VxUEVjTXktMTg/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:

roadtrip1098

not a bad boost curve

attachicon.gif
Untitled.png

a little dippage around 3600 rpm
Looks like more than dippage, it pulled timing by 2 degrees during that time too. Maybe it got a waft of hot air or something and the IAT compensation is the culprit.

inelement207

fine knock learn= 0

feedback knock= 0

DAM= 1

ign timing 10.5

did not log IAT
default_frown.gif
have watched it a few times today sits around 70 to 95 well driving not sure on WOT

Ill keep testing may try a  LWG although I think all is correct this map target said 16.5 vs the v330 15.0 psi

tx for input just logged some regular driving still no DAM adjustments or fine knock so hope all is well

definitely notice the pull difference compared to stock tune!

roadtrip1098

I take it back. Your TD Boost error swings negative just slightly at that RPM, adjusting the initial WGDC's slightly lower for the rpm range just before that would correct the issue and give you a cleaner pull. If you have access tuner race, drop the 3400 RPM WGDC by 1 percent under full load.  

inelement207

Dont I wish I had race software/knowledge to use it still a lot to learn! Have to make a run down to granitestate for a pro tune when the money comes back in. Started with accessport to see if tuning stock setup was worth it, and to test mechanicals.

inelement207

I take it back. Your TD Boost error swings negative just slightly at that RPM, adjusting the initial WGDC's slightly lower for the rpm range just before that would correct the issue and give you a cleaner pull. If you have access tuner race, drop the 3400 RPM WGDC by 1 percent under full load.  
actually sounds almost easy if I get the software from cobb fairly reproducible and right in the range

Matt

If you bought the ap new you can download race tuner for free. I have it but I'm just not a tuner

roadtrip1098

The boost fluctuation will probably go away as we get into hotter months, but it will be back as we roll towards winter. Colder temps make boost spike and creep way more apparent. You can try downloading the software from Cobb even if the AP is used. All you need is the serial number if I remember right. It's very easy to learn.

roadtrip1098

As far as pro-tuning, I would hold off until you have a few more upgrades. GS might pull a few more HP out of it, but if you're already running a COBB Stage I tune, the benefit of a pro-tune might not be as great as if you were running a downpipe as well.

My very humble suggestion is to invest in a decent catted and legal downpipe, swap to the COBB OTS Stage II tune, then when you get the money run it down to GS for a pro tune. All it takes is a quick look at the stock DP where it mounts to the turbo to see where the problem is. It is however your car, and I'm never going to say it's dumb to get a car protuned. Especially GS, they seem to have a pretty solid rep.

Other inexpensive mods I'd suggest are an afta-maf tube and a K&N drop in filter. They can help with spool up. The drop in filters flow plenty of air and don't cause as much issue with boost creep.

inelement207

As far as pro-tuning, I would hold off until you have a few more upgrades. GS might pull a few more HP out of it, but if you're already running a COBB Stage I tune, the benefit of a pro-tune might not be as great as if you were running a downpipe as well.

My very humble suggestion is to invest in a decent catted and legal downpipe, swap to the COBB OTS Stage II tune, then when you get the money run it down to GS for a pro tune. All it takes is a quick look at the stock DP where it mounts to the turbo to see where the problem is. It is however your car, and I'm never going to say it's dumb to get a car protuned. Especially GS, they seem to have a pretty solid rep.

Other inexpensive mods I'd suggest are an afta-maf tube and a K&N drop in filter. They can help with spool up. The drop in filters flow plenty of air and don't cause as much issue with boost creep.
The only reason I am choosing this route currently car is a daily that needs safety and reliability! the bank owns her
default_frown.gif
the Cobb stage 1 is yielding a tune that has yet to show any knock which is why I really wanted it in the first place. Don't get me wrong catted 3" downpipe sounds great but I want to limit power for longevity. Thanks for the suggestion I'll give the download a shot. As for the car as it stands I am happy with power, if I leave as is will go for suspension next.

submitted request

inelement207

Cobb:Congratulations on obtaining Accesstuner Race software for your 2010 Impreza WRX (MT). This software will enhance your Accessport experience!

roadtrip1098

Nice! Glad you were able to get it. It's a piece of cake to use, it's how I taught myself. Just playing with the software, you will learn so much about tuning. Compare stage I and Stage II maps and see what they changed, then you have a pretty good base for other things that should be changed should you ever end up with a tactrix cable. Also the flat foot shifting maps are awesome if you haven't tried them yet. It allows you to set a lower rev limit when the clutch is pushed in, this way you don't need to lift off the gas when you shift. It makes shifting smoother when you're driving it hard and reduces shock to the drive train because your revs will match better.

The only reason I am choosing this route currently car is a daily that needs safety and reliability! the bank owns her
default_frown.gif
the Cobb stage 1 is yielding a tune that has yet to show any knock which is why I really wanted it in the first place. Don't get me wrong catted 3" downpipe sounds great but I want to limit power for longevity. Thanks for the suggestion I'll give the download a shot. As for the car as it stands I am happy with power, if I leave as is will go for suspension next.

submitted request

Latest posts

Back