compression test results please help

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
that is a lot of oil. my oldest sube is near 200psi and does not do this. Check base heat, (oil temp guage?) along with pcv check. The EGR valve is always a lunatic even when correct. Turbo will never notice it as much as n/a. There is a common delete, and maine allows it. N/A needs precise with the pcv, EGR is a bad think. Especially on fast burning fuel getting thumped with n/a pressure. PCV is common check, but EGR is a suby trait of lunacy going back almost 30 years. Boxers do not need it and never will...it is an attempt with world or cally standards. Maine don't need it. Seriously...and admire the fuel mileage if you go with a delete, it used to double the oldest subes. I am curious if dealers do it themselves. (Some did and do)
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
EGR is stupid, and I'm so glad my car doesn't have one. I'm not sure why... I think every other 2.2 I have met has one (or has been deleted). But mine doesn't
default_additional_sillylol.gif

inski

If someone handed me the delete, and the proper literature stating it was OK to eliminate Federal emissions, and a way to turn off the CEL for the EGR, I'd do it. I did it on my 95 Golf. It is pre-OBD so I didn't give it much thought. the problem is newer generation EGRs can monitor its own functions and results.

svxsti

A jumping needle on a vacuum gauge indicates something wrong with valves.
That is probably where the oil is going. I had the same problem after a cam and engine seal install by an incompetent mechanic, resulting in a quart of oil lossed every 200 miles, when the engine had hardly used any oil before. I imagine in an unmodified engine with 27k miles a dealer may suspect abuse. I did slow the oil consumption by adding 1 quart of Lucas Stop Leak and 1 can of Engine Restore with Synthetic High Mileage 20w 50, but ended up salvaging another motor with 70k more miles on it. Now I only go to AAA approved repair shops, because if there is a problem they will follow AAA's decision on a complaint.

GREASEMONKEY