Computer Guys Help Me!

04wrx

So out of no where I get this thing on my computer saying I have spyware, dunno where it came from. Then windows tells me I have to use special software? Of course I have to pay for it though and its like $50 or something crazy like that. The name of the file is Trojan SPM/LX. Anyone know anything about this? I would really appreciate it because I want this crap off my computer. Also I cannot use the ctr-alt-del function or my system restore function. It says that it affects all my .exe files. Heeeelllllllllllllllllllllpppp.

LostinMaine

8/26/85 - 5/23/10
get a program called Malware Bytes, its free and will clean that crud off you computer, if not post back up and ill figure something out. This is what i do all day stupid freshman get crap on their computer and i have to clean up the mess :)

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
That sounds like a form of spyware/advertisement trying to scare you into buying software from them. Any decent anti spyware will take care of that.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I had that once too, every time I tried to do something it would pop up and prevent me from doing anything, it usually comes from an unsafe website that you visited. I had to completely clean my computer to get rid of it!! Good luck

04wrx

get a program called Malware Bytes, its free and will clean that crud off you computer, if not post back up and ill figure something out. This is what i do all day stupid freshman get crap on their computer and i have to clean up the mess :)

It worked!!! Great reccommendation. Thanks for the help guys, I knew it was spyware/scam crap just wasn't sure how to get rid of it. I have avg 8.0 and it works pretty good for most stuff, but that malware program worked excellent. Thanks again!

topdeeni

I would also get spybot search fired up as well.. I personally run them twice a week to make sure my PC's are clean.

Latest posts

Back