Cumberland Motor Club autocross 7/26

andrew0790

This Sunday, July 26 is yet another Cumberland Motor Club autocross at the Crooker Lot in West Bath. For those of you who know him, James Spaulding should be chairing the event this weekend, which can only mean a fast course seeing as how he runs a GT3570R in the face melter. Come on out and give it a shot, there's a lot of fun to be had, and you're guaranteed to learn a lot, and grow a lot as a driver.

Registration and tech starts at 8am and closes at 9.30am. Make sure that you remove all floor mats, subwoofers, coin purses, etc and have your battery secured.

The cost is 25 dollars for members, 35 for non members, and you can join the club at the event for I believe 30 dollars.

andrew0790

sadly the vee is still broken :-( so who is going to let me flog their car and show them up
I might be able to fund an autocross this weekend...be nice to the car on launches and you might be able to give it a go

LostinMaine

8/26/85 - 5/23/10
ty bring out the audi !!! come one, or if i get my wheel bearing fixed you supply the tires and ill supply the car

Last edited by a moderator:

Apollyon12

I had to miss last weeks AX and I am going to have to miss the next two. I am doing a couple of training sessions to tighten up the nut behind the wheel. Hopefully that will help me close the +5 second gap between me and the guy who is usually the leader in my class.

EvilAsPie

We are up in the air still, but hoping to be there.

Looking forward to the pivot cone!
default_additional_sillylol.gif

A new set of Hawk HPS+ will be in my hands tomorrow. Hopefully they will give me the snap i need to get my low powered car sideways around it.

Ty Ty

ty bring out the audi !!! come one, or if i get my wheel bearing fixed you supply the tires and ill supply the car
Thinkin aboot it. Heading out to the store to pick up some conical lug nuts for the OZ wheels right now.

LostinMaine

8/26/85 - 5/23/10
hmmm.... Andrew is trying to track down rings for vee so we can get it going this weekend :) maybe just maybe i can run in the car this weekend... *fingers crossed*

however i was told we only did a bigbore kit on the 1200 so that makes it a 13**cc or about another 20-30hp we hope, but in a 800lb car i think that will make a good amount of differance

Ty Ty

Who knows a lot aboot the classing system? You autocross people have far too many classes.

Car: 1989 Audi 90quattro (awd)

Gutted

Bilstein HD strut inserts (stock spings)

Solid diff, tranny mounts

Solid race shifter

Not really anything performance wise. "custom" exhaust AKA...I made a new one using leftovers from RallyJeep's plumbing

Tires aren't really anything fancy, Hankook k106

1/4" skidplate to catch all the leaky fluids

And uhh...it's slow.

Any ideas where it would fit if I decide to come?

Apollyon12

Don't quote me but I think that not having an interior automaticaly moves you into a prepared classes but I don't know which one.

Ty Ty

ill ask on CMC site.... can i drive it ?
If I bring it, sure.

I also have a brandy new truck, that came wired from the factory for towing and trailer brakes, so I have to hook the trailer up tonight and make sure it's wired the same as my trailer. If it isn't, then it's unlikely I will be bringing it.

Ty Ty

*Throws darts at dartboard*

"Yea, that looks like a good class..."

From my attempts at deciphering the rulebook...it fits in prepared somewhere.

topdeeni

I am thinking someday I would like to show up at one of these and show facemelter the rear end of my stage 5...

I can dream can't I...

Latest posts

Back